• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Bind EZ Power Pack to another Radio

I just got the EZ Basix Bundle and wondered if it was possible to bind the EZ power pack to a more full-function radio. I just got a Jumper T16 and I'm itching to try it with different stuff. What receiver is in the EZ Power Pack? Thanks in advance!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The flite test one is different to the Banggood C-17. if they just boosted the signal strength, it might work still. haven't tried it on the EZ-Pack I have yet. The Banggood C-17 uses GD00X GD_V2 protocol.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

I have the T16 with the internal module installed. I check every protocol from the start (FLYSKY to Protocol 100) and nothing.

Can someone check it..

I just verified the Transmitter Binds fine. (just double checking the FT board works properly.)

Here are the two boards side by side.
  • The top one is the FT board(GD005). On the other side is GD9001-102RX2 real tiny. (Btm pic)
  • Bottom board is the banggood C-17 (GD9001-RX)
IMG_20200529_115847408.jpg
IMG_20200529_120641726.jpg

Last edited:

FoamyDM

These are DEVotion protocols. according to this thread:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-development/8120-c-17-transport?start=180

It appears, the v1 id the GD9001 and the v2 is the GD005. The GD9001 will bind to the multi protocol, the GD005 (v2) will not. (yet)
as you can see in the thread if you read page 9 and 10 of the thread they discuss this, and possible solutions of getting the v2 to bind.

Reading this is like me reading spanish novels. I get the gist with my HS Spanish lvl 3a education, but don't ask me how to implement, of if it is likely to be added to future T16 openTX upgrades... I suspect, if Flite Test pushes for it, or puts a request to the community there... we might all win out.

These are DEVotion protocols. according to this thread:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-development/8120-c-17-transport?start=180

It appears, the v1 id the GD9001 and the v2 is the GD005. The GD9001 will bind to the multi protocol, the GD005 (v2) will not. (yet)
as you can see in the thread if you read page 9 and 10 of the thread they discuss this, and possible solutions of getting the v2 to bind.

Reading this is like me reading spanish novels. I get the gist with my HS Spanish lvl 3a education, but don't ask me how to implement, of if it is likely to be added to future T16 openTX upgrades... I suspect, if Flite Test pushes for it, or puts a request to the community there... we might all win out.
oh my heavens! I see what you mean about reading Spanish! I'm very much a noob so I'm completely lost. It will be interesting to figure this out, assuming it's possible. I'm still not sure there's any real benefit from going through this exercise. My assumption is that I will get better control over the plane, but I could be wrong.

I found GT00X as one of the protocols on the Jumper and was able to get some response on V2. It only stays connected for a few seconds, though. It connects, responds to throttle, disconnects, wait for a couple seconds, repeat. There might be other settings I need to tweak or channels to setup, I'm just learning.

I found GT00X as one of the protocols on the Jumper and was able to get some response on V2. It only stays connected for a few seconds, though. It connects, responds to throttle, disconnects, wait for a couple seconds, repeat. There might be other settings I need to tweak or channels to setup, I'm just learning.
Look up deviationtx, all this multiprotocol came from them hacking the Walkera Devo radios. There is a page with the protocols, and chip to use on a lot of models, am sure they would have this there.

FoamyDM

oh my heavens! I see what you mean about reading Spanish! I'm very much a noob so I'm completely lost. It will be interesting to figure this out, assuming it's possible. I'm still not sure there's any real benefit from going through this exercise. My assumption is that I will get better control over the plane, but I could be wrong.
The benefit is to use your usual transmitter for these products

Try changing the value of RF Freq. fine tune it defaults to 0 Start with negative values and try to get it to bind, if that does not work try positive values. You will find that setting right under Receiver No.