Solved EZ Pack v2 protocol - Can it bind to Radiomaster?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have recently purchased a few EZ v2 Packs to build and fly a bunch of Planes and try more designs I have rolling in my head.

What i need help with is: Does anyone know if the 1 of the Radiomaster protocols can bind with the Rx of the V2 EZ pack boards.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I helped someone in the east build tent bind one at flite fest. I don't recall what protocol it was but he bought it and a tX16s at flite Fest. We were right next to your big pile of great foam goodness in the middle table of the tent for most of the weekend.

FoamyDM

For those who know way too much, here are pictures of the tx board.

It appears to be yj650B-TX board dated 23-09-10. Goes with the F1-Rx-V1.1 receiver board dated 2023-03.03

IMG_20230706_142303254.jpg IMG_20230706_142339664.jpg

I have tried all the protocols in the Radiomaster. I may have missed a few. But nothing bound for me.

It sure would have been cool to link this through the 4in1 module.

Does anyone here recognize that "&" logo?

Ps. I hope @LitterBug you are right.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I pinged him. I'll let you know if he gets back to me with the protocoll. It was a protocol with a sub protocol.....

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I believe it was one of the GD protocols. Have you updated to the latest multiprotocol firmware on your module?

FoamyDM

I remember the GD005 worked on the older ones. However, I had to update the Firmware and the 4in1 module .bin file. Once I did that the V2 type worked (under that protocol, there were two sub models. You still have to map the lights, and Mode buttons which are channels 6 and 5 respectively.

@LitterBug thanks for your help! the GD005 wasn't showing up and I thought, how out of date is my OpenTx firmware... enough.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I remember the GD005 worked on the older ones. However, I had to update the Firmware and the 4in1 module .bin file. Once I did that the V2 type worked (under that protocol, there were two sub models. You still have to map the lights, and Mode buttons which are channels 6 and 5 respectively.

@LitterBug thanks for your help! the GD005 wasn't showing up and I thought, how out of date is my OpenTx firmware... enough.
What is the full channel mapping for it?

Foamforce

For posterity, binding will either happen every time you turn on the radio, which can be a little annoying because then you have to turn your radio off and on when you change batteries, or you can use the “bind on channel” option. For that, you select a switch and send the output to channel 16. In my case I chose to use the throttle stick input as the bind switch, so that it matches the behavior of the original controller. I chose to use the throttle stick input and not the throttle input because I have a kill switch. By using the raw stick input, I can bind with the throttle stick while the kill switch is still on. Seems to work pretty slick.

Did anybody else come up with a better way?

Also, @FoamyDM, can you explain a bit more about what channel 5 is doing? It looks like you’re transmitting the value from the aileron trim, but the weight is 0%, so doesn’t that mean it isn’t doing anything?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0