Bind TWO aircraft to same transmitter!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
For a Disney type light show with multiple drones under computer control there is a requirement that each drone to "Talk" with the controlling computer and have some form of GPS location information.

That is a long way from the originally stated idea but could be adapted to suit if similar 2 way communication was part of the deal with GPS fitted to each craft. The ground control station would then require a default flight pattern for each aircraft with a collision avoidance mechanism as a fixed wing aircraft cannot be "Parked" in a fixed position and must move forward at all times to maintain lift.

Last edited:

Sohaib

You can bind an unlimited number of receivers/planes to a transmitter, even a DX5. I have four on mine now as I transition to the 6.

As for the challenge, I'm trying to visualize two airplanes in the air at the same time on one trx.

How would it work once the first landed as in the second example?

Also, I wouldn't want to be the friend arming the second while the first was in the air unless there was an on/off switch like the Apprentice.

Hi, I am trying to bind a FS 16 radio with FS IA6B and FS IA10B recievers simultaneously. But only one binds to the radio. Can you guide how should I do it. Do I have to use same model recievers? Or a different radio?

Sohaib

Hi, I am unsuccessfully trying to bind a FS 16 radio with FS IA6B and FS IA10B recievers simultaneously. Buy only one binds to the radio. How should I do it. Do I have to uaet same model recievers? Or a different radio?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hi, I am unsuccessfully trying to bind a FS 16 radio with FS IA6B and FS IA10B recievers simultaneously. Buy only one binds to the radio. How should I do it. Do I have to uaet same model recievers? Or a different radio?

There is a way to do it but I have to ask why first? Having two models on the same bind is iffy at best and flat out dangerous at worst.

EDIT: nebber mind.. just looked up the radio.. That is only a 6 channel radio. The 16 part is deceiving. Higher channel radios using opentx can do it easily but not an entry level radio like that mate.

Last edited:

Sohaib

I want to arm the quadcoptes simultaneously and then shift their respective modes to Auto so they can start executing the preloaded mission at the same time. I also have an AT 9S Radio with 2 R9DS recievers. Can I pair them simultaneously. If yes, than how?

quorneng

Master member
You can bind two receivers to the same 'model' on the transmitter but you can't fly them both at the same time. Whatever command you send will be acted upon by both receivers.
Depending on where you live but flying anything in solely autonomous mode with no human over ride ability is almost certainly prohibited.