Bloody wonder c of g (help)

Bodgit

Hi, I have just completed my first flite test build, the bloody wonder but am struggling with the bloody c of g.
The built weight should be 11.5 ozs (less battery) but to get the c of g correct (40.5mm from leading edge) I have had to add 5.5 Oz's of nose ballast making the total weight now 17 Oz's (less battery). I am using a Turnigy 2 cell 500 mah battery but have not had good weather conditions to try a maiden flight yet.
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advise.

IanSR

Mine is tail heavy without the battery and I have several marks in the power pod where various batteries have to go to get the cog correct but whatever battery I run, be it a 1000 3S or an 1800 3S I don't need to add weight anywhere, just positioning the battery correctly is enough (but I do have the ESC mounted on the bottom of the power pod, not inside it which makes moving the battery about for CoG easier).

docque

I have a few different 3S batteries I use and they are of different weight. I have velcro on the bottom that allows me to adjust the CG. This is one of my favorite planes to fly. One because it is easy to build and two because it moves along.

jaredstrees

You need a bigger battery. 1300's 3s work great. 500mah is just going to irritate you. little flight time, and the bigger battery will help you balance much easier. Good luck!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@jaredstrees is correct. A 500 mAh 2S battery is way too small for the Bloody Wonder. Even if you could get it to balance, your flight performance is going to suffer. 1300-2200 mAh 3S or 4S for the Bloody Wonder/Baron. 1800 is right in the sweet spot.