Bloody Wonder MkIII - Build

donalson

@Craftydan prefers his Bloody Wonders bright PINK! :p

so this is happening... also have florecent green... think that'll go on the bottom and I'll do opposing speed stripes (green stripes on top, pink stripes on bottom)... also debating on what to do with the control surfaces...

also have some florescent orange but it's too close to the pink me thinks... also think these will be used on my sparrow and prob a few others...

IMG_1461.jpg

Mode 1

Absolutely love this version. As mentioned above it's incredibly strong and flies great!

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_161529894.jpg
    IMG_20180826_161529894.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

donalson

where we sit now... the photo came out more red/orange than the neon/florescent pink that it is.... I now plan to paint the control surfaces the opposite color... so green on top and pink on bottom... should be easy to see in combat

also on the bottom you can see the HUGE "skewers"... they are chopsticks I got the last time I ate out at a Chinese place... that is the one issue I had with my bloody brit is them snapping (er and the firewall collapsing because I didn't use the X mounts which distribute the load)...

the control horns from FT just came in so I can finish it up... prob will happen tomm as I have the day off

1537312766252.png

1537312776149.png

donalson

oh also a question to Spoonz... why are the locator cuts on the horizontal stabilizers not red (don't cut all the way though) type cuts also?... seems it would clean up the looks a bit... but I didn't think about it until after I'd cut everything out.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
oh also a question to Spoonz... why are the locator cuts on the horizontal stabilizers not red (don't cut all the way though) type cuts also?... seems it would clean up the looks a bit... but I didn't think about it until after I'd cut everything out.

Good question/point. I will add a note to make those cavities on the opposite side vs. cut through. Thanks for the feedback.

donalson

and paint is done... control horns came in yesterday... I think i've got the two servos still kicking around...

I shouldn't have an issue seeing it in combat... I'm almost done with the bloody brit also... much more boring "sun yellow" with black stripes... 3ch this time instead of 2...

1537397445933.png

1537397455660.png

donalson

got out to maiden it... along with a few other planes... she's a peach... ran her on a 1050 prop...started on a 2700 2s... beautiful flight... more or less exactly what I expected having flown the B pack bloody brit (barron's brother)... a 3s is a good bit quicker but not sure if it's more fun... with maybe a little less stability because of the lack of undercamber wing at the end... the green was much less visible than I expected... but the pink control surfaces and big pink on the top made it VERY easy to keep orientation... should be nice in combat... also stable enough on low rates at 2s that I think my son will be able to fly it pretty quickly...