• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bomb Drop Challenge

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test David Windestal takes on expert pilot Josh Bixler in a Bomb Drop Challenge! This isn't an ordinary challenge. This is a test to see who the best pilot will be in the end. Watch this episode to see who wins!

Attachments

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Where is the guided bomb drop....my favorite challenge so far...i would love to see them take on my challenge
A simulated in flight refuel all fpv.....what do ya reckon....could they do it???

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Bomb Drop Challenge, ME

This episode and a guy named dumb_thumbs on RC Groups inspired me to do my own bomb drop-
Cost less than $3.00. Here's some vid of one of the first drops. I have since bought some of the little nerf footballs and have had a blast dropping them on top of people at our local field! I'll have to make some flour filled easter eggs and give that a shot too :)

cloaked

Hey Guys

Well this is my second attempt at creating a bomb drop module for my super cub.

Its a compilation of take off's, bomb drops and landings. (watch to the end for a sweet greased in landing)

Hope you enjoy!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
After seeing this episode, I had to add a servo for a bomb dropper. Too bad I don't have people people to fly with. :(
ikr!! It can get so boring when you´re flying on your own! I sometimes hate my little brother but that is still better to go fly with him then with nobody.

@cloaked: nice Video! I like the mechanism. Might add that to my Event, if I can put it on the plane without having to glue much.

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
I am thinking about making a fly itself kinda plane which flies off my PC. If I do ever succeed (I am working with a bunch of ppl who made a wired underwater vehicle robot which is controlled by a PC joystick from teh PC). however, adding bombs to it which are auto instead of the plane would be easier...and more awesome!

Couple of those HK B-grade lipos and i'm gud to go!

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
yes it is!

Most of the times you also need a recognition system to measure the exact position of the plane using either GPS or a camera system inside a room (mostly used for multicopters in university investigations and experiments though)