both old and new together...

john316

have been watching FT stuff for some time and as an old bloke probably don't have a lot to say but at least I can start by saying G'day from Oz.

Been out of flying for 20 something years and am trying to get an old head around the electrics - slowly slowly - and have put aside the balsa models for a couple of the swappable foamies till I get some sort of control over the old thumbs....

cheers

John

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Welcome to FliteTest!

A lot of us have similar stories. FliteTest folks have helped me catch up to modern electronics since '87. I think the biggest shift is batteries. The options we have today because of light, powerful batteries has transformed the hobby.

Good luck. Post some pics and video of your build(s). :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to FT and welcome back to the hobby. Old thumbs are like elephants they never forget. It will come back fast. Surprisingly old thumbs can also learn new tricks. Electronics are electronics. Most of it all works the same just a lot more refined and less fiddly.

Balsa building vs foam building is another thing. Basics are the same just methods and materials are extremely different. On the plus side if you had patience for balsa builds foam should not be a problem at all.

In any case as Cranial says get us some pics n vids when ever possible.

Last edited: