Change an RC plane into a Helicopter???

Phoenix Defender Group

Unmanned System Developer
Hi guys,

i am trying a cool recycling, i have a rc plane a Dynam Sbach 342 and i am getting a little bored of it, i seem to like helicopters more than planes so i thought id try to make it into a rc helicopter.

it will be
-fixed pitch
-4 channel
-around 4.5 feet in length

I already modified the fuselage and i will post pictures later but from the looks with no motor and esc and no blades it weighs around 3 pounds with blades im expecting 3.5 to 4 pounds.

Phoenix Defender Group

IMG_1479.JPG IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1482.JPG IMG_1484.JPG IMG_1486.JPG IMG_1487.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1492.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

These are the images of the helicopter fuselage as i said the weight is around 4 pounds

I do need a reccomendation on electronics for this size a helicopter what kind of motor and esc and battery do i need if all i want is a docile scale flyer that will get a decent flight time (9 to 10 minutes)

Thanks

Phoenix Defender Group

Thanks for the feedback, i may need one but i dont think so since i have seen designs on the internet that have not involved a tail rotor, they stabilize using a rear fin, i will try this but i may add a tail rotor in the future, will post updates as i build it.