Choosing/Using a charger (No idea)

Sneery

I have a battery, then realized, hey, no way to charge this thing. Looked at some chargers on Amazon, and found something called a parallel charging board (Board Link) for $11. It fits my XT30 battery, but should I go with something else? Also, what the heck is a parallel charging board and how do I use it?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’ve had great results with the IMax B6.
A parallel charging board is used to charge more than one battery at a time. Plug the batteries into the board, then plug the board into the charger. I don’t use them, it’s just too easy to ruin batteries. If you choose to use one, be sure to read up on them.

bisco

Elite member
i've had the great b6 for a year now, pretty basic, easy to use, inexpensive. it does everything i need.

30 bucks at value hobby

Sneery

I’ve had great results with the IMax B6.
A parallel charging board is used to charge more than one battery at a time. Plug the batteries into the board, then plug the board into the charger. I don’t use them, it’s just too easy to ruin batteries. If you choose to use one, be sure to read up on them.
Would I have to get a adaptor for the XT30 Plug?

bisco

Elite member
there are different imax versions. some come with a bunch of adapters. if it doesn't have an adapter for xt30, they are available for a few bucks.
the charger takes banana plugs, then you adapt from the other end

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Would I have to get a adaptor for the XT30 Plug?
Most likely yes, you will need an adapter or make your own cable.
Each suppler has various adapters that come with the changer. I’m not sure if anyone supplies an XT30 as standard equipment. If not there are XT60 to XT30 adapters widely available.

The iMax B6 comes in 2 major flavors, one runs on 120v and also 12v, the other only on 12v. I prefer the 12v only, it’s just easier for me to have one large 12v power supply which power to all of my B6 chargers.

Last edited: