Christmas ideas for the person that has everything?

kansasvmax94

My best friend is an avid RC hobbyist. He, however, seems to have everything there is to be had in the RC realm. Any ideas out there for Christmas gifts for somebody who doesn't need any more planes, tools, etc? Besides FT shirts and stuff obviously?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Did said person *tell* you they didn't "need" anymore planes?

Yeah, they're lying ;)

Dunno what your budget is or if it's already handled, but perhaps pop for their AMA or local club membership for the year -- it's the "thoughtful, but not quite a surprise" gift.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Foamboard, lots and lots of foamboard! And a kinko's gift card for getting the plans printed full size...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Foamboard, lots and lots of foamboard! And a kinko's gift card for getting the plans printed full size...

You know I seriously suggested a case of DT foam board to family members, and I'm not sure any of them took me seriously :confused:

In the same vein, check out what he uses for repair materials -- tape, glue, monokoat, CF rod, props . . . -- and help stock up. You'll rarely have enough of the consumables.

DDSFlyer

I'm sure if money is no object he wouldn't object to a Spektrum DX9...unless he doesn't use Spektrum...

kansasvmax94

I'm sure if money is no object he wouldn't object to a Spektrum DX9...unless he doesn't use Spektrum...
How funny. That was our Christmas presents we both bought ourselves. Very great present, I must add! Actually my buddy never has been into FliteTest stuff much but tonight I took him out and made him fly my new nutball I built. He's giddy like a school girl and said he really wanted me to make him a nutball. So, I guess a nutball is on Santa's list now.

kansasvmax94

You know I seriously suggested a case of DT foam board to family members, and I'm not sure any of them took me seriously :confused:

Hey Craftydan, I bought some Dollar General FB the other day just out of curiosity, and it appeared to be about the same stuff. Same price too. Just FYI. Maybe everybody already knows this too, I'm just a noob to FT :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Craftydan, I bought some Dollar General FB the other day just out of curiosity, and it appeared to be about the same stuff. Same price too. Just FYI. Maybe everybody already knows this too, I'm just a noob to FT :)

not surprised, but hard to beat $1/sheet. That and the local DT's are larger than the DG's.

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Well..................................in my part of Texas we call it a "WAREHOUSE"! :p

I mean if I have to build to store RC stuff then I might as well build a building to fly in as well.

100,000 square feet and 50' ceiling should serve nicely. ;)

Thurmond

Last edited: