Converting Sea Duck into a mini - recommendations

DbleDuce

Greetings everyone!

I downloaded the plans for the Sea Duck and will take them down to the local print shop and have them reduced to a size that will work with the same motors that are used in the MINI Guinea (to about 60%).

There is a small field near my home that is the perfect size to fly the Mighty Mini's.

Before I start this project, any recommendations? Things to keep in mind?

Tench745

Master member
When you scale the plans down, the folds, slots and tabs will scale down as well, but the foam you're building with is still ~3/16" thick. You'll have to enlarge slots and tabs and folds appropriately or find a thinner foamboard. Not hard, necessarily, but it's something to keep in mind.

DbleDuce

When you scale the plans down, the folds, slots and tabs will scale down as well, but the foam you're building with is still ~3/16" thick. You'll have to enlarge slots and tabs and folds appropriately or find a thinner foamboard. Not hard, necessarily, but it's something to keep in mind.
Good call! Didn't even think about that! Thanks!

Photo001

Like this?: 104AE0F6-2E95-42F0-8F51-78532D5CCABE.jpeg
BD841C00-4336-425E-B806-4261FCC09840.jpeg
BD841C00-4336-425E-B806-4261FCC09840.jpeg

Last edited:

Photo001

I found some 1/8” foamboard at Michaels here in Canada (picture framing department) and simply reduced the plans to 66%. No modifications were necessary. Moved the elevator & rudder servos to the top of the booms and used a twin ‘A’ Pack.

Lane