Cormorant II

Battery800

Elite member
So I found another potential glitch in the horizontal stabilizer as it says that the bevel should be a cut through. And I am drawing up my enlarged battery tray now, and I am thinking if making it 2 inches longer and a tad taller would affect anything?
P.s. Are you coming to flite fest? I’m planning to maiden it there

Pieliker96

Elite member
So I found another potential glitch in the horizontal stabilizer as it says that the bevel should be a cut through. And I am drawing up my enlarged battery tray now, and I am thinking if making it 2 inches longer and a tad taller would affect anything?
P.s. Are you coming to flite fest? I’m planning to maiden it there
Thank you! I've updated the plans.
Length of the battery tray is not an issue. Making it taller (thicker, I presume?) would decrease your maximum battery height - not that it's a factor for your usual 2250 3s/4s. I will be at Flite Fest, and I hope to see you there!

Battery800

Elite member
The big battery arrived
image.jpg

Battery800

Elite member
It’s 535 grams compared to my 2200mah 3s which is 170 grams. But I have some wood and aluminum wing reinforcements to handle the weight of the battery. Also, this is going to have a pair of 1800kv 2208 quad motors Running on 4s so I don’t think thrust is going to be much of an issue.

Battery800

Elite member
Noooooooooooooo! Unfortunately, our printer has an issue where it can’t print magenta, so all of the scores and cavities are yellow. I wanted drooperons and regular flaps, but didn’t notice that they didn’t show up because they are in magenta. Stupid me

Battery800

Elite member
Oh it’s hard to see but I made a cut out of the flap and the big magenta cutout that is about halfway up the wing

Pieliker96

Elite member
@Pieliker96 would it be possible for you to provide be with measurements for the distance from the center bevel the cuts for the drooperons are and where the flap markings are?

Tip and root:
1625693927571.png 1625693959832.png

Is this all I need for regular flaps?
Yep. The flaps are in the right place. The underside of the wing serves as the hinge surface, you should be able to fit a control horn and servo inside the wing to actuate it - the closer to the wing root, the more space you'll have. Remember when gluing down the top surface of the wing to not accidently glue it to the flap!

I’m assuming the small ones are for the popsicle sticks, so I don’t need it
Correct.

Battery800

Elite member
Reasonably sure I’m done preparing, so I have finally started the build. don’t know how long is this going to take but I’m look forward to flying it at ff!

Pieliker96

Elite member
Do you think two screws on each power pod is enough to hold 600 grams of thrust on each motor?
Sure. It's what I used on mine - make sure they're in there good and proper, use loctite if you're concerned about them backing out over time and washers if you're concerned about the screws ripping through their holes in the firewall.

Battery800

Elite member
Sure. It's what I used on mine - make sure they're in there good and proper, use loctite if you're concerned about them backing out over time and washers if you're concerned about the screws ripping through their holes in the firewall.
Whoops. I mean 1300 grams since I thought I put two motors into the calculator but I didn’t but 1300 grams of thrust each is as hard as I can possibly push them. On the calculator you can select the cooling of the motor to good, medium, excellent, poor, very poor, and I think this plane has good motor cooling right?