Critters reclaiming our parks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I know a lot of us are in areas with complete lock down at the moment with Covid and can not fly. Where I am its pretty mild with minimal cases. I can wander out to the park at times to fly. They are not even mowing the grass as regularly as they normally do. Anyways I went out there yesterday to see what was going on and to rip a few 5s packs I had charged from the other day I did not fly as well as play around in the trees with the new 3 inch build.

I ripped the three packs on the Mach 1 to loosen up and bring them down from full charge after 3 or 4 days of rain and no flying. I thought I saw the shadow of a bird chasing me but when I looked around between flight did not see any obvious stalkers. When I put the three inch quad in the air it was a different story. This nut case bird from I dont know where (never seen one like it in my area) attacked the quad. At first I thought it was a young hawk with the colors and speckling and aggression but later saw different.

Here is some video I got of the lil bugger and its anti drone antics. Have any of you experienced wild life reclaiming your non frequented flying areas? Post any of your experiences like this with the wild life acting different with less human interaction in the places we fly.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ahh just did some googling and found this to be either a young Adirondack seagull or a young Herring Gull. So I was pretty much correct. Its a MacDonald land happy pigeon and is unafraid of humanz since there is a MacDonald's just past the tennis courts on the other side of the buildings to the left. Explains why it was so aggressive and unafraid.

I guess it did not look familiar as its a young one and I usually see the overweight full grown turd machines.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I know a lot of us are in areas with complete lock down at the moment with Covid and can not fly. Where I am its pretty mild with minimal cases. I can wander out to the park at times to fly. They are not even mowing the grass as regularly as they normally do. Anyways I went out there yesterday to see what was going on and to rip a few 5s packs I had charged from the other day I did not fly as well as play around in the trees with the new 3 inch build.

I ripped the three packs on the Mach 1 to loosen up and bring them down from full charge after 3 or 4 days of rain and no flying. I thought I saw the shadow of a bird chasing me but when I looked around between flight did not see any obvious stalkers. When I put the three inch quad in the air it was a different story. This nut case bird from I dont know where (never seen one like it in my area) attacked the quad. At first I thought it was a young hawk with the colors and speckling and aggression but later saw different.

Here is some video I got of the lil bugger and its anti drone antics. Have any of you experienced wild life reclaiming your non frequented flying areas? Post any of your experiences like this with the wild life acting different with less human interaction in the places we fly.

That was nearly an upskort shot in the beginning.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Our field gained a horse this year. Other than that, Groundhogs moved from the creek to under the mower shed.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Our field gained a horse this year. Other than that, Groundhogs moved from the creek to under the mower shed.

We have that same issue here with the chubby woodchucks feeding off the field corn out back. They dig holes everywhere. I also noticed a few new bear scat piles when flying out back. I dont however see the path they use thru the corn which makes me wonder if they / it are just meandering up the road and wandering around at night.

Hopefully if I see the bear when flying its not while it is in the same yard as I am hehehe.