Do you use throttle mixing?

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I added some up elevator to my UMX Pitts when it is at 0 throttle. I did 25% but I don't notice a drastic change in handling. My Delta Ray has a tendency to pitch up and stall without down elevator under full throttle. I was thinking about adding a mix to help with that. Does anyone else use this technique or do you just adjust with your thumbs?

Tench745

Master member
I have never mixed anything with the throttle channel on my planes, but with the exception of my HZ Champ, everything I fly is something I've built. If, like your delta ray, one of my planes was pitching up with throttle I would just add some down-thrust to the motor to fix it. However, in your case I think fixing it with the radio is the simpler solution. Taking your plane apart to add down thrust would be tricky at best.
My champ has a similar tendency of nosing up with power due to some adjustments to the motor mount by the ground. What I did was trim it to fly level at full throttle, and I just pull back more at lower throttle settings. I don't like to use mixes or expo as a general rule, makes me feel less connected to what the plane is actually trying to do.