Dominator KFm3 wing, Beta release

jpot1

Elite member
Great flying design. I built one similar but KFM4 and bigger? I call it the bloody arrow.

6E6972E4-E41C-4A62-97BA-BB05BA677DDA.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
An official resource has been added to the resources section of the forums! Maybe we'll see some action on this thread...
I still haven’t gotten a chance to build one. I definitely plan on it, and my needle cutter is just waiting on a replacement aurduino, so I should be able to build one soon.

synjin

Elite member
Ready to maiden. I went with an 1806 motor because other than a rather docile Spear I haven’t flown wings very much. The Arrow and I have a checkered history. I’m hoping that the Dominator will be a little more forgiving. I plan to throw it up in the air Thursday after work, but it gets dark early in the Northland this time of year. If all goes well I modified the 2212 plans and will see how they work.
6ECD2812-EF3C-48B4-B5DC-BF0BD95116CD.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ready to maiden. I went with an 1806 motor because other than a rather docile Spear I haven’t flown wings very much. The Arrow and I have a checkered history. I’m hoping that the Dominator will be a little more forgiving. I plan to throw it up in the air Thursday after work, but it gets dark early in the Northland this time of year. If all goes well I modified the 2212 plans and will see how they work.
View attachment 188963
Looks good. Good luck on the maiden!

whackflyer

Master member
View attachment 188963
Cool paint job! You'll be the first to fly it on an A pack, but I'm sure it'll fly fine!

synjin

Elite member
Okay, so the Dominator flew. It was a bit squirrelly at first. However, once I got it trimmed out it flew nicely...though, I have to say, I crashed it into the snow a couple of times (Thank goodness for snow!). After the Dominator was set up it was easy to fly, maybe beginner/intermediate level (as I am not sure I'm more than an intermediate level flyer.) An1806 motor is probably a little under powered for this wing. Mine has a snappy roll, but it doesn't loop very well, which is more of a power maneuver, so a 2205-ish motor would be better.

Assessment:
One sheet of foam board (Though, I built mine out of scraps.)
The build is EASY!
The Dominator is a nice flyer, once trimmed.
Mine balances with a 70g-72g battery, because the foam board I use is slightly heavier than FT foam board (3S 850maH or 900maH battery).

It's fun!

If a person wants to get into wings, then this might be a good starter. Better than an Arrow to start with, but not as easy to fly as a Spear. The Dominator is easier to build than a Spear, so it the Dominator would be a better starter.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for the plans!

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
Okay, so the Dominator flew. It was a bit squirrelly at first. However, once I got it trimmed out it flew nicely...though, I have to say, I crashed it into the snow a couple of times (Thank goodness for snow!). After the Dominator was set up it was easy to fly, maybe beginner/intermediate level (as I am not sure I'm more than an intermediate level flyer.) An1806 motor is probably a little under powered for this wing. Mine has a snappy roll, but it doesn't loop very well, which is more of a power maneuver, so a 2205-ish motor would be better.

Assessment:
One sheet of foam board (Though, I built mine out of scraps.)
The build is EASY!
The Dominator is a nice flyer, once trimmed.
Mine balances with a 70g-72g battery, because the foam board I use is slightly heavier than FT foam board (3S 850maH or 900maH battery).

It's fun!

If a person wants to get into wings, then this might be a good starter. Better than an Arrow to start with, but not as easy to fly as a Spear. The Dominator is easier to build than a Spear, so it the Dominator would be a better starter.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for the plans!
Congrats on the maiden! Glad you like it!