Durafly SkyMule

mad_milchmann

Finally the Guys from Hobbyking put the SkyMule on their site.
Link

2(88).jpg
Infos from Hobbyking:
--------------------------------
Features:
• Fast and easy assembly
• Beautiful EPO construction
• Pre-installed 3S powertrain offering ample power while keeping weight down
• Counter rotating propellers for no unwanted torque effects
• Clip-on wings for ease of transportation
• Two canopies - one for FPV, one for sport
• Removable nose for FPV camera
• Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel
• Optional set of skis for snow or sand
• Huge payload capacity

Specs:
Wingspan: 1500mm
Length: 1095mm
Flying Weight: Approx 1860g
Motor: 2 x 4023 1100kv brushless outrunners
ESC: 2 x 30A
Servos: 5 x 9g micro servos
Prop Size: 3-blade 10x8
-----------------------------------------------------
42644.jpg

I like that it has lots of options to mount cameras, the skis that come with it and that you can take of the wings for easier transport. Myabe I'll get one later this year.

Also there are a lot of spare parts already available at a decent price (~15$ for the main wings; ~30$ for the fuselage).

only thing it's missing is a bomb-drop bay ;)

what do you think of it?

Last edited:

c172ae

Pro plane crasher
It looks nice, but i don't like the 3-bladed props. Also, the main gear looks a bit weak.

mad_milchmann

I would so add a bomb bay.. :D
Word! thought the same... right where the side-door is located, so you can easyly fill it up :D
doesn't HK sell bomb bay doors?

It looks nice, but i don't like the 3-bladed props. Also, the main gear looks a bit weak.
someone wrote the same in the comments, one of the HK guys claimed taht they were testing ti the whole week but had no issues... but waht else should he say anyway. :rolleyes: we have to wait for the first experiences/reviews to know for sure.

Dumpster Jedi

The One Who Speaks
Yeah it didn't seem to have any issue that I saw, and they flew it pretty often while I was at SEFF. Seemed to hold up well and looked really nice in the air.

Freaky_1

old headcase
Comes with skis in the box.

Was fascinated with it at SEFF. Took a fast hard inverted landing and only managed to pop the pods off. Minutes later it looked as if it had never downed.
I don't like the gear skirts, but that's an easy fix. Additions, modifications and such would be extremely easy.

Do want!
Frank

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Personally I like the 3 blade props for the looks of a cargo plane.
The may not be the most efficient but they look more scale.

DDSFlyer

I love this plane! I've been wanting it since they teased it on the HKLive youtube channel a couple of months ago in the snow. The possibilities are endless with bomb drops, maybe even a rear cargo door addition to drop off parachuting car models or tanks...