Durafly Tundra 1300mm Sports Model w/Flaps - User Review

Very late getting back on this, but yeah, Tape. I thought about the fix, I even bought a few bits to start it, then I had a good day to fly and I used epoxy to patch the hoes and just taped the wing on. Oh Well.

Beautiful day here. Going out soon, bought one of these ModelAero Polaris at Weak Signals and it's files good too, but not as fun as the Tundra. ;)

JD

The Polaris is an awesome plane. I got to fly one at a fly-in a few months ago.

kacknor

Build another!
The Polaris is an awesome plane. I got to fly one at a fly-in a few months ago.

I'll have a video of the Maiden in a day or two. It wobbled a bit, not tracking straight. I added carbon fiber bracing on the nacelle and today it flew much better.

Was a beautiful fly day! High 70's, 0-4 mph air, the sailplane guys had a little lift and I flew the Tundra, Polaris, Super Cub and Bushwacker about three packs each, 4 on the Tundra. ;)

Had a used Radian Pro enter the hangar yesterday. It's in need of TLC and a little fixing up. Going to try soaring, as soon as I figure out flight modes and the mixes. WTH, life is short. lol

JD

I'll have a video of the Maiden in a day or two. It wobbled a bit, not tracking straight. I added carbon fiber bracing on the nacelle and today it flew much better.

Was a beautiful fly day! High 70's, 0-4 mph air, the sailplane guys had a little lift and I flew the Tundra, Polaris, Super Cub and Bushwacker about three packs each, 4 on the Tundra. ;)

Had a used Radian Pro enter the hangar yesterday. It's in need of TLC and a little fixing up. Going to try soaring, as soon as I figure out flight modes and the mixes. WTH, life is short. lol

JD

You are making me envious! I haven't flown since January :eek:.

Looking forward to seeing your maiden flight :)!

kacknor

Build another!
Why no fly? You live in the land of fruits an.... Umm, Sunshine! Yeah, sunshine. ;) I grew up out there. Hacienda Heights. Weather can't be the problem!

JD

Why no fly? You live in the land of fruits an.... Umm, Sunshine! Yeah, sunshine. ;) I grew up out there. Hacienda Heights. Weather can't be the problem!

JD

The weather is fine. No rain (we're in the middle of a drought), and strong winds are rare. It's my schedule :(.

My radio is also acting funny.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I flew the Tundra yesterday just was blitzing the landing pad. Still one of my favourite planes.

JDWells

I flew the Tundra yesterday just was blitzing the landing pad. Still one of my favourite planes.

Just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I love this thing! A flight for me is about 10 minutes of touch and goes, they're just so much fun! Still figuring out flaps and I'm looking forward to really sticking some landings.
BTW, love listening to the Podcast. Keep it up!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I love this thing! A flight for me is about 10 minutes of touch and goes, they're just so much fun! Still figuring out flaps and I'm looking forward to really sticking some landings.
BTW, love listening to the Podcast. Keep it up!

Was talking to Chris about that last night. I've yet to do a milk run test.
I tend to take off and go crazy for a good 7 minutes ;)

I should put in a voltage alarm and see how long I can float around for ;)

kacknor

Build another!
Was talking to Chris about that last night. I've yet to do a milk run test.
I tend to take off and go crazy for a good 7 minutes ;)

I should put in a voltage alarm and see how long I can float around for ;)

Dang. I feel cheated! Have the timer set for 5 minutes and fly it hard. Going to have to put a alarm on board too. I'm losing flight time to caution! It's not that kind of plane!

JD

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Dang. I feel cheated! Have the timer set for 5 minutes and fly it hard. Going to have to put a alarm on board too. I'm losing flight time to caution! It's not that kind of plane!

JD

Well depends on the packs and just how hard I'm flying but I certainly do checks after I land.

That not a good thing on a number of levels. Clown radios are replaceable. Schedules and commitments however, are more tricky.

JD

I have a Spektrum DX7, just like yours. A couple of weeks ago I turned it on and it said (as you know, it's a talking radio):

"System Fault! Please return radio for service."

So I returned it. Got it back last week and it seemed to work fine until I bound it to my newly completed FT Arrow. The problem now is that it reboots (cycles the power) every few seconds. <sigh>. I contacted Horizon Hobby and they said to ship it in again. So it's in the mail at the moment and I currently don't have a radio :(.

kacknor

Build another!
This is a maiden of the Polaris. I actually have a bit of Tundra video coming up as I was in Lakeview Ohio yesterday and put the Mobious on board the plane for the first time. Needs to be wing mounted as the prop is annoying, but some nice views...

Maiden flight of my Model Areo Polaris. Oops moments at about 3:00 (Wobble, since fixed) and 3:30 (TREE!), and 4:00 (inadvertent T&G). ;)

JD

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
It looks like Horizon liked this concept for a plane too!

timber-04.jpg

Eflite link
timber-14.jpg

BNF
PNP

This is a maiden of the Polaris. I actually have a bit of Tundra video coming up as I was in Lakeview Ohio yesterday and put the Mobious on board the plane for the first time. Needs to be wing mounted as the prop is annoying, but some nice views...

Maiden flight of my Model Areo Polaris. Oops moments at about 3:00 (Wobble, since fixed) and 3:30 (TREE!), and 4:00 (inadvertent T&G). ;)

JD

Every time I watch it fly, I want one more and more...
But I just got the Parkzone Sukhoi to learn 3D, so that'll be my focus this summer :).