Just came across this project. (Jaw drops in amazement) Wow - Stunning workmanship! I very much like the way your mind works. How could you do it any other way when this way can be done.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
My first night flight!!!! it was pretty well... so happy. Willl post video soon. :cool::cool::cool:
IMG_20200703_202336.jpg
IMG_20200703_202453.jpg
IMG_20200703_202511.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
My beautiful tundra had a bad accident last Saturday. The results are not very encouraging.
IMG_20200718_073312.jpg IMG_20200718_082116.jpg IMG_20200718_082112.jpg
The cause of the disaster is a failure in the wing structure. It would have been necessary to add wood reinforcement to the wings during construction. Even though I knew the structure was weak, I pushed it to the limit. I did an invert and some loops, and this broke the wing. Both wings clapped in the air at a considerable height.

The results are:
  • Wings intact but detached at the junction point. Apparently repairable.
  • Tail intact except for a part of the lift. Apparently repairable.
  • Front of fuselage completely destroyed. Repairable but will take time.
Fortunately, the electronics were not damaged. I know I can fix it, but for now I'll have to wait until I'm in the mood to do so.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
My beautiful tundra had a bad accident last Saturday. The results are not very encouraging.
View attachment 175146 View attachment 175144 View attachment 175145
The cause of the disaster is a failure in the wing structure. It would have been necessary to add wood reinforcement to the wings during construction. Even though I knew the structure was weak, I pushed it to the limit. I did an invert and some loops, and this broke the wing. Both wings clapped in the air at a considerable height.

The results are:
  • Wings intact but detached at the junction point. Apparently repairable.
  • Tail intact except for a part of the lift. Apparently repairable.
  • Front of fuselage completely destroyed. Repairable but will take time.
Fortunately, the electronics were not damaged. I know I can fix it, but for now I'll have to wait until I'm in the mood to do so.
Darn, that's too bad. I hope you'll get around to fixing it, it was a beautiful airplane!!

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Darn, that's too bad. I hope you'll get around to fixing it, it was a beautiful airplane!!
Yes, i am pretty dissapointed. It was my foult and only mine. Will give it a time to rest, and will repair it then.
I am now repairing my FT 3d and making some mods, i want to make the wing deatachable.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Hope you have time to share plans. Sometimes you just have to step back and breath. Fresh thoughts. Cheers!!!
I've been thinking about the plans and even tried to do them, but my skills are pretty low. I guess I'll need some help. Maybe someone would like to work with me on that. Any volunteers? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: