cdfigueredo

Elite member
This is the weather forecast for next Saturday. Too windy. There are still many days to go, hopefully the weather will improve.
aaa.png

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Last edited:

cdfigueredo

Elite member
For the lights i made a xt30 y-harness, i know xt30 it is too much for just some LEDs with only 3V but were the only conectors i found. So the y-harness will be powered by 2AA batteries and will distribute for the fuselaje LEDs including the super bright landing light LED and also will distribute power to the wing LEDs. Remember i made the wings detachable so i need an easy way to plug-unplug the wing lights too.
6.jpg 7.jpg

So this is how she looks.
8.jpg 9.jpg 11.jpg 10.jpg

Duck

Main gear is done. Imade a mix between Tundra and Timber's landing gear system. (Look the next pictures)
View attachment 157540 View attachment 157539

This is what i made, 45g. The whole thing is made with bike spokes and umbrella ribs, also the holders are from the umbrella.
View attachment 157532 View attachment 157533 View attachment 157538

The landing gear mount was reinforced with several pieces of covered Depron, and will need lot of hot glue. This is where the landing gear fits
View attachment 157534 View attachment 157535

Look how small looks these wheels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Of course, these are not the one i will use on it. I will made my own.
View attachment 157536 View attachment 157537

I am blown away at how awesome this landing gear is!

Piotrsko

Master member
Your ingenuity is mind blowing. I wonder what you could do if you had access to everything I have and take for granted.

Is that what you ended doing with the lights? Nice. How long do they last?

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Your ingenuity is mind blowing. I wonder what you could do if you had access to everything I have and take for granted.

Thank you for your very kind words!!!! I guess I wouldn't have gotten to maybe half the things I've done. Maybe I wouldn't have done more than buy ARF :D. No, seriously, I imagine I could do a lot more. :rolleyes:

Is that what you ended doing with the lights? Nice. How long do they last?
Yes, i conected all my LEDs(4 in each wing = 8 total, 4 in the fuselaje and the big one in the landing gear) in parallel powered by 2AA 1.5 batteries 3V total.
My knowledge of electronics is very primitive, but taking into account that each LED must have a consumption of approximately 30mA maximum and the large 150mA. As they are all connected in parallel, the consumption should be added, (12 LEDs * 30mA = 360mA) + (1 LED 150mA) = 510mA. So a regular AA battery has 2000 mAh capacity, so it should last at least 2000mAh / 510mA = 3,921568627h.... Something like that but i am not sure.