DX6i Flap switch not working...

o5b0rn3

The flap switch on my DX6i is not working and so, I am not able to configure it as my AUX2 (CH6) switch.

Besides having the switch fixed, are there any other alternatives to use a different switch for AUX 2?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You could use a mix on another switch to aux2. I used to mix two switches in with aux2 for more flight mode options. Think I mixed one of the dual rate switches and the mix switch.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Found these instructions in my Sport Cub S manual. I used a variation of this to add a second toggle mix too:
DX6iMix.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

o5b0rn3

LitterBug,
Thank you for your response.
In the REVERSE selection, can I select ELEV or RUDD? Will that have the same result?
The reason I am asking is because I am using GEAR to ARM the quadcopter.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
LitterBug,
Thank you for your response.
In the REVERSE selection, can I select ELEV or RUDD? Will that have the same result?
The reason I am asking is because I am using GEAR to ARM the quadcopter.

Using the above guide and with minor tweaking, I was able to control flight modes on the Sport Cub S, APM quadrotors, and betaflight. I used the gear channel for Flight mode and armed with Flap switch. Can you substitute flap for gear on everything in the config? Reversing ELEV or RUDD would NOT give the same result. That would reverse your Pitch or Yaw. I migrated to a DX8, sold my DX6i, and can't test it or look at the available options.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Andrew

G'day Mate
How do you know the flap switch/setting is not working?

The default flap setting on the Dx6i is zero (nothing) you need to activate it before it will work. If you know what your doing it should take less than 20 seconds to configure it the way you want it.

o5b0rn3

How do you know the flap switch/setting is not working?

The default flap setting on the Dx6i is zero (nothing) you need to activate it before it will work. If you know what your doing it should take less than 20 seconds to configure it the way you want it.

The switch is not functioning. it is broken.

o5b0rn3

Using the above guide and with minor tweaking, I was able to control flight modes on the Sport Cub S, APM quadrotors, and betaflight. I used the gear channel for Flight mode and armed with Flap switch. Can you substitute flap for gear on everything in the config? Reversing ELEV or RUDD would NOT give the same result. That would reverse your Pitch or Yaw. I migrated to a DX8, sold my DX6i, and can't test it or look at the available options.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Thank you for the suggestions. I am not sure I fully understand all the options since I am fairly new. So will try what you suggested, once I become more familiar with the options.