DX8 - Navigation Lights set-up

Tabdy

I've fitted a Hobbyking set of nav lights which have different modes controlled by cycling a switch. I have plugged them into the aux 3 slot on the A3232 Flight Controller. The lights work but I seem unable to assign them to a switch on my DX8 transmitter so as to be able to change the modes. I feel rather inept because this must be very simple. Perhaps someone can help.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
you need to setup a switch to cycle your aux 3 channel (based on what the nav lights expect for inputs on the servo channel)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've fitted a Hobbyking set of nav lights which have different modes controlled by cycling a switch. I have plugged them into the aux 3 slot on the A3232 Flight Controller. The lights work but I seem unable to assign them to a switch on my DX8 transmitter so as to be able to change the modes. I feel rather inept because this must be very simple. Perhaps someone can help.

It's not hard to do it, actually - you just need to know what channel it is operating off of (i.e., GEAR/Chan 5, AUX/Chan 6, AUX2/Chan 7, AUX3/Chan 8) and then set it. I unfortunately don't have my transmitter in front of me today at work, or else I'd post up specific instructions. I'll get you more detailed instructions when I get home.

Tabdy

you need to setup a switch to cycle your aux 3 channel (based on what the nav lights expect for inputs on the servo channel)

I think that's what I'm struggling about. I'm not yet that familiar with the DX8. I seem to be going round in circles.

Tabdy

It's not hard to do it, actually - you just need to know what channel it is operating off of (i.e., GEAR/Chan 5, AUX/Chan 6, AUX2/Chan 7, AUX3/Chan 8) and then set it. I unfortunately don't have my transmitter in front of me today at work, or else I'd post up specific instructions. I'll get you more detailed instructions when I get home.
That would be really kind. I need to be led through step by step if you've got the time.