ERC TimSav - Cheap DIY CNC Foamboard Cutter

Flying Farm Kid

You have to source the parts. There was a guy in the Facebook group recently who was selling a kit that he never used for $150. I would jump on that if it’s still available.

I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but I’ve had three successful cuts in a row with the lower speed, but that could just be luck. I’m going to try to replicate that again tonight. If that works, I’m going to test at the higher speed with the bigger power supply. I could see how going faster might be causing a brownout.
Just got access to the Facebook group any chance that you know if he is still selling it
Thank you!

Flying Farm Kid

Hello;
I wrote it before, but it may not have caught your attention because it is in Turkish. If you have a 3D printer, I can send my own drawing files.
Hi
Yes I do have a 3d printer what do you mean by drawing files?

Last edited:

Flying Farm Kid

Does anyone know if the erc cutter kit on the Facebook page is still available? I have tried asking him and he is not responding
thanks.

luvmy40

Elite member
The kits are no longer available. I believe Edward is still "selling" the plans, files and parts list. I got mine for free before he had to start charging so I donated the asking price retroactively. It is well worth the small price.

Flying Farm Kid

The kits are no longer available. I believe Edward is still "selling" the plans, files and parts list. I got mine for free before he had to start charging so I donated the asking price retroactively. It is well worth the small price.
I got a erc from a guy who was selling it in the facebook group and I cannot get inscape to generate gcode it just makes it a svg when I save it.

luvmy40

Elite member
I got a erc from a guy who was selling it in the facebook group and I cannot get inscape to generate gcode it just makes it a svg when I save it.
There is an extension to add to Inkscape. Edward links to one and there is a forum member who developed a better, multi cut extension. I'm sure it's linked somewhere in this thread.

HMS

Hi; I am using Laserweb. I advise. It converts DXF files to cut files quite nicely. Thanks again to Dudley1001 friends for this.

luvmy40

Elite member
I have the extension downloaded and it still does not work.
What version of Inkscape are you using? The one Edward links to works well, the newer versions need some mods to work. I have no idea what the mods are, but some have done them and have success with it.

Flying Farm Kid

Well, that's the version Edward recommends and the one I am using. Check to make sure there isn't another GRBL extension in the extensions file. I seem to remember Edward saying that could cause problems, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
here is the code that it puts out.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

luvmy40

Elite member
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you on that. That looks nothing like the GCode I get.

I might start from scratch. Get rid of everything and download fresh. Follow Edward's video tutorials to the letter.