• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Exploring the Explorer

daxian

wife's 65th ...mines december....spit maiden was aborted as it was heading towards traffic at speed ,why i was saying uh ohhhhhh!!
yes this one flew well ...quite pleased with it !! few tweaks of trim it will be even better...thanks for watching !!

The Hangar

I haven’t read this all this thread, but I thought I might bring up an issue I had with the explorer while scratch building it. On the plans, the thrust angle for the ft elements simple firewall must be wrong. I have built that thing time after time but until I gave it a significant amount of up thrust, it wouldn’t fly at all - even on a c pack with 3s. Anybody else have this issue or experienced something like it?

BATTLEAXE

I haven’t read this all this thread, but I thought I might bring up an issue I had with the explorer while scratch building it. On the plans, the thrust angle for the ft elements simple firewall must be wrong. I have built that thing time after time but until I gave it a significant amount of up thrust, it wouldn’t fly at all - even on a c pack with 3s. Anybody else have this issue or experienced something like it?
Any pusher which has the top mount for the motor will have some down thrust pointing at the center of the wing for the most part. On lauch they will dive for the ground until the wing produces sufficiant lift. The C pack worked great on the explorer and the bronco. Might just be the prop...

The Hangar

Any pusher which has the top mount for the motor will have some down thrust pointing at the center of the wing for the most part. On lauch they will dive for the ground until the wing produces sufficiant lift. The C pack worked great on the explorer and the bronco. Might just be the prop...
I tried it many times, and it did fly - at full throttle with the c pack on 3s but it was so bad I could hardly keep it in the air. Any time I tried to get it to gain altitude, it would just stall. I then took my scout powerpod and skewered it on with a 10 inch prop with a bit of up thrust, and she flew like a dream!

daxian

hi all ...i was surprised at my build of the bronco (see maiden above) i used a shortened standard pod with no upthrust on the motor ,i did have to add a few clicks of up elevator at 2/3 throttle to compensate the nose dipping...other than that it flew well...will try upthrust on next time out to see what affect it has...!!!