F-15 Eagle - Twin 64mm edf

Zephyr1

Elite member
I've spent the last few days drawing up plans for an F-15 Eagle. I built Ben Harber's F-4 Phantom and after that, I think I can pull this off. The V1 plans i have right now are fairly boxy, but it should be adequate for a v1. Anyway, I picked the F-15 because it's what replaced the F-4, and it's still in service today. It's one of the greatest air superiority fighters of all time, with a 100:0 kill ratio.

Wingspan - 38in
Length - 55in

F-15C.JPG

View attachment F-15 v3.pdf

These are the Full Plans, I'll try to get something resembling a tiled plans in a little bit.

View attachment F-15 Fuse1.pdf
View attachment F-15 Wing1.pdf
View attachment F-15 Fuse 3.pdf
View attachment F-15 Nose.pdf
View attachment 101380
View attachment F-15 Tail.pdf

Attachments

• F-15 Fuse2.pdf
    7 KB · Views: 13
  • F-15 Wing 2.pdf
    3.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Zephyr1

Elite member
I started some work on this yesterday. I finished the wing and the nose section. I'm going to work on the fuse today but I won't have the electronics until next week.

F-15w.JPG

And no, I don't think it'll be able to lose a wing, sadly. Its a really cool video though

Last edited:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Nice! The F-15 is already rather boxy (as far as jets go), so it should lend itself quite well to a foamboard build. I think this is the first jet I considered doing that someone else will beat me to building! Go Zephyr go!

Zephyr1

Elite member
Nice! The F-15 is already rather boxy (as far as jets go), so it should lend itself quite well to a foamboard build. I think this is the first jet I considered doing that someone else will beat me to building! Go Zephyr go!

Thanks Ben! That means a lot coming from you! You are kinda busy with you Valkyrie though. I will admit, I borrowed the spars from the A-4 and the EDF holders from the F-4.

Zephyr1

Elite member
F-15fuse1.JPG

F-15fuse2.JPG

F-15tail1.JPG

F-15tail2.JPG

F-15pc1.JPG

Right now the stabilators aren't set up, they're just sitting there. Additionally, I'm going to need a piece to join the nose and the wings together. I'm not going to be using a rudder, I don't think it'll be necessary.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
AWESOME! I'm so glad you found a use for the A-4 spars and the F-4 EDF mounts. That'll make it that much easier for me to build one when I have time! :p

Unless you've already got the linkage worked out simply, I would suggest doing simple elevators for your V1 model. They're plenty effective (they were on my first F-4), and much simpler to set up. I also agree with forgoing rudders in this case.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Not nearly as nice as the models you guys make, but here was my version of an F-15 from a couple years ago. Patterned after the FT-22. Easy build, flew like a pig.

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

Zephyr1

Elite member
Alright Ben, no stabilators. I'll hook up traditional surface throws. I'd like to hook up the elevators as elevons and mix in the ailerons. It should give me increased roll authority and maneuverability.

TEAJR66 - I did see your F-15 earlier! I was looking up any other FT styled F-15s and yours by far looks the best, for now. :)

So does anyone know how to mix both ailerons and elevons with a Spektrum setup? If not, i'm pretty sure I'll either figure it out or just use traditional ailerons and elevators.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Ok! It's all done! I mixed the elevators with the ailerons and it works very well! I modified the A-4 canopy for the F-15, made it longer and only widened it a little bit. I did maiden it, and it didn't go so well, battery was too far back and I got it down quickly, without damage. The second flight was fantastic! I'll be posting the video soon.

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

Last edited:

Zephyr1

Elite member
Thank you!
Yeah, I was shocked at how well it handled when I slowed it down, it just starts to sink in the air.
Ben, your three jets have really done a fantastic job of giving an outline of how to build an EDF jet that the Viggen never could. Mad props, man.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Alright guys, I posted the plans in the first post. If anyone tries to build this, goodluck! And feel free to ask me some questions!

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Well, I finally got around to actually looking at your v2 plans, and all I've got to say is; "CRAP".

No, not your plans, they're awesome! I especially love how I recognize several parts from my A-4 plans - no really! Several people have built the A-4, and this will make it that much easier for them to have an Eagle too!

My reply is "CRAP", because now I HAVE to scrounge around and find two EDFs somewhere because I NEED TO BUILD THIS! :D :p

Nicely done man, can't wait to try it out!

epsilon

Lol, that's pretty high praise coming from Ben there Zephyr...

Ben, maybe you should try your hand at an SR-71 next ;)

Zephyr1

Elite member
High praise indeed! Thank you! I'm very excited by the prospect of people actually building a design of mine! Please ask if you have any questions!

And fair warning, I left the ailerons scale and even with the mixed elevators, the roll authority is not the same as the A-4 or F-4, you may want to move them further out. I like it as it is, but still.