F-15 Eagle - Twin 64mm edf

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
If I might make a suggestion to your layout ... consider positioning your pieces on a page that is 30" wide, by however long is necessary. Better yet, group them onto pages of foamboard size. That way it's easier to plot on large format printers, and easily lays onto a 20x30" piece of foamboard. ;)

Zephyr1

Elite member
If I might make a suggestion to your layout ... consider positioning your pieces on a page that is 30" wide, by however long is necessary. Better yet, group them onto pages of foamboard size. That way it's easier to plot on large format printers, and easily lays onto a 20x30" piece of foamboard. ;)

Understood. Ok, V3 is no up, to those specifications. Full is now 30" by 110" and each successive part underneath that fits on a page of foamboard.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Being new to this hobby, I am at once humbled and inspired by both of you (Mid7night & Zephyr1). What amazing designs and of some of my favorite aircraft! You really are challenging me to hone my skills (both flying AND building!) I'm waiting for a 70mm EDF for my first EDF/Viggen build and now I'm shopping for a pair of 64's for the Eagle (Thanks to you Zephyr1 I'll have to ask my better half for my allowance early! LOL) I'd really like to do an F-4 as well! So thanks again for sharing your great designs with the community, I really appreciate the time and effort (and experience) you share with us!

Captain Jay

Elite member
I'm going to use your plan ideas to build one with 2 x 50mm 12 blade EDFs. I may make some minor changes as I go along and lower the total size. I'll post when I'm done...

jpot1

Elite member
Not sure how I missed this post but the design looks great. I don’t have any spare EDF’s but it looks like there is enough space in the back for a prop. What do you think? I’d probably have to shrink it down for a 2826 2200kv motor. Or I put a new radial c pack?

Muquacksa

Hi, I came across this design and I really like it, and I’ve also got 2 64mm edfs to use for a build. Would it be possible to put on some retracts or would it become too heavy or come off balance too much to fly properly? Thanks!

OpTreach

Did you ever make a plan for this that is each page to print with guides to line things up? I want to build this badly but the last plane I printed and made didn't have guide marks on the pages so it was extremely hard to line things up. Luckily it made things only a bit off, but this being my favorite plane I don't want to mess up any of it. Thanks

Zephyr1

Elite member
Hey @OpTreach! I'm go glad you're interested in building this!

The plans were designed (6+ years ago!) to be printed using acrobat's poster mode. You can get a trial version of this and check the box for "cut marks"

Good luck and please post!

OpTreach

Hey @OpTreach! I'm go glad you're interested in building this!

The plans were designed (6+ years ago!) to be printed using acrobat's poster mode. You can get a trial version of this and check the box for "cut marks"

Good luck and please post!
I had no clue that existed, no wonder my last build was so hard to piece together! Ill be sure to make this, and post some pics of it completed. Thank you for your help!!