FAA Admits Names and Home Addresses in Registry will be Publicly Available

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
If he over the age of 13 if I recall he would have to register.
Q22. Is there a minimum age requirement?
A. Yes. You must be 13 years of age or older before you are permitted to register an unmanned aircraft. If the owner is less than 13 years of age, then a person who is at least 13 years of age must register the unmanned aircraft.

So if he is 13 years old his parents could but the letter of the law says he has too.

Incorrect. The FAA could not care less about if he registers or not. All they care about is if there is a number on the craft and certificate to present.

Mustang7302

Can you register a living trust? Pilots apart of a local club or organization can be made "beneficiaries" but not have their own information on record.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Can you register a living trust? Pilots apart of a local club or organization can be made "beneficiaries" but not have their own information on record.

I doubt it. Bare minimum information the FAA is asking for is

• Email address
  • First name
  • Last name
  • Physical address
  • Mailing address
  • Credit card information including billing information

Technically you can circumvent everything to anonymous information such as temporary email account, prepaid debit card and PO box but your first and last name and your physical address can't be hidden. If you lie on any of those lines or put a po box as a physical address because it is the government they will likely fine or arrest and charge you with fraud.

TimmyGT

Ok guys, I have to admit this post was too much TL,DR for me but...I am an Air Traffic Controller employed by the FAA and we had been informed on 2 separate occasions in the past 2 years that their employee databases had been compromised and all of my personal information may have been accessed...SS Bank Acct. #.... EVERYTHING! So for those of you who are dismissive of people worried about their personal info being accessed, beware. They can't keep their own employees info secure, you think they are going to do a better job with the general publics info??? Yea, OK!!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
No data base us 100% safe and secure. Hell OPM got hacked, no way around it. Now if something happens to this odd law, I'm all for it but nothing seems to be going on as of yet. Let's hope for the best.

I agree. The only secure database is the one that doesn't exist. I'm not just going to hope though. I am going to continue to resist and make my voice heard.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Yep.

Government website's really starting to show through FAA.

Not only are you going to mess up the model aviation community, but you're not even going to do a good job of it.