Favorite radio brand

What’s your favorite radio brand?

• Total voters

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
like having to connect to your computer just to swap models or a phone WITH internet access on some models... Pftt.. Oh yeah.. and that whole thing about spectrum STILL in this day and age NOT using the full 1000us to 2000us range required by most modern RC electronics automatically takes them out of the running in my mind. THAT fail causes far more issues then ANY opentx issues I see here every day on the forums.
Well I've never had to connect to the internet ever with either my spektrum or futaba radios so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, why does the tx not using that range disqualify it? The servos move through the whole travel and have more fidelity than my thumbs so it's a non-issue for me. I'm sorry if I enjoy the these radios because they just work and work well for me. I've played with both frsky and radio masters, they don't work for me, they're too complicated for what I'm doing.

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
As far as insulting people. Its not an insult if it is true. If you can't or don't read instructions your teacher failed you or you failed yourself AND your teacher. If you choose to pronounce words all goofy well thats not an insult its a fact you got most of your education in the wrong place. Communication is what sets us apart from the monkeys in the trees flinging poo at each other to convey their thoughts. Not pulling up your pants just reinforces the example of people failing themselves and having low self esteem or self respect to represent themselves in a smart manor attracting non positive label upon themselves. Thus being used as examples of what NOT to do or act like if you desire to succeed in your endeavors like simple programing of an RC radio to make a plane fly.
Man for someone accusing me of getting butt hurt it seems like you are indeed the one who's more butt hurt. I'm sorry if I don't see open tx as the future for my branch of the hobby but that's my opinion, take it or leave it. Anyways I hope I communicated my thoughts sufficiently enough.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Man for someone accusing me of getting butt hurt it seems like you are indeed the one who's more butt hurt. I'm sorry if I don't see open tx as the future for my branch of the hobby but that's my opinion, take it or leave it. Anyways I hope I communicated my thoughts sufficiently enough.
Yeah opentx is definitely better for quads and other crazy contraptions. Spektrum is made to be easy to use with planes.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dude, you literally replied to me but ok

Sigh SMH.... Twas you who quoted ME using what could be taken as aggressive negotiations with the use of curse words that made me ask why you was all Butt hurt.

Also the topic is on WHAT radio not YOUR radio so what you personally use in not related in anyway shape or form to what I said. Step back.. take a deep breath count to five and come back with intelligent inquiries once your inner internet EMO subsides.

Once again that 1000us to 2000us is VERY important to how a radio system functions. Goggle the definition of resolution to get a non Psyborgonian example if you don't like what I say. Maybe you will learn something that may just make you a more smooth more accurate pilot.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I can honestly see both sides of this. Yes @PsyBorg is right because people really oughta be able to read the manual. On the other hand ive seen people who are brand new reading the manual, watching utube and scouring forums in an attempt to figure out how their new foreign contraptions work.

The simple solution to that is to get on said forums and ask well thought out intelligent questions and not jump on the band wagon of this or that sucks because of a personal failure to understand something. This is why I reply in a more direct manor rather then a pc sugar coated response when people do things like that. The longer we keep doing everything for someone else so all they do is copy it no one learns and the whole system breaks down.

If nobody knows HOW to learn something new then nobody can teach things in the future once the people hand holding now die off. The effects of easy knowledge in a copy paste world is already rearing its ugly head. It breeds laziness and kills ingenuity and forward progress more and more over time. Yes more people can do things they could not do yesterday but not understanding what or why they did it makes it useless information.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Sigh SMH.... Twas you who quoted ME using what could be taken as aggressive negotiations with the use of curse words that made me ask why you was all Butt hurt.

Also the topic is on WHAT radio not YOUR radio so what you personally use in not related in anyway shape or form to what I said. Step back.. take a deep breath count to five and come back with intelligent inquiries once your inner internet EMO subsides.

Once again that 1000us to 2000us is VERY important to how a radio system functions. Goggle the definition of resolution to get a non Psyborgonian example if you don't like what I say. Maybe you will learn something that may just make you a more smooth more accurate pilot.
Ok whatever you say.

bigdano711

I just bought a RadioLink T8FB and I'm digging it. It doesn't even rank on this poll.

It's nice to have Spektrum cover the basics with a basic radio, but not cool to over-charge for it. That's going to kill it for someone new coming into the hobby. You don't want to have a case of buyer's remorse on the first big investment in the hobby. Doing research as someone who knows nothing about transmitters....HOURS if not days and weeks to figure it all out. Usually by the mid-point, you're more confused than when you started. There are 9 manufacturers listed in this poll. That's 9 different interfaces to figure out, and most manufacturer's offer an entry level, mid-range and high-end. Holy mother of God!

You can see how easily the n00b pilot becomes over-whelmed and throws his/her hands up and says, "Just give me something simple that works! I don't care about dual rates and exponential and travel limiters and don't even start with mixing!!" Spektrum exists for those people, which most of us were at one point, and bends those people over hard.

We were all new to this once. Am I the only one who remembers? Superiority complexes are for impudent fools.

Andrew

G'day Mate
If you look at the question for the voting it says "What's your favorite radio brand"

Andrew

G'day Mate
The "1000us to 2000us" issue you have with spektrum is wrong and you know it , in this Post you even mention how to get the 1000us to 2000us setting for spektrum.
It's no secret the you don't like spektrum and it's your right not to.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I like my Fly Sky FS i6X:cool:

The radio is affordable.
The receivers are affordable.
It's easy to program.
1 gram micro receivers.

It just works.
That's a perfect tx for flite test airplanes, it's cheap, easy enough to use and works well for park flyers. I personally own futaba and spektrum because I fly gassers but I totally respect the decision to go flysky if you just really like flying fb airplanes.

That's a perfect tx for flite test airplanes, it's cheap, easy enough to use and works well for park flyers. I personally own futaba and spektrum because I fly gassers but I totally respect the decision to go flysky if you just really like flying fb airplanes.
Gee wiz you guys. All this talk almost makes me look forward to a time some day when my Spektrum starts throwing sparks.

(But of course it never will because it's made of SPEKTRUM.) :D