Help! What Gyro Stabilizer do you use?

What Gyro Stabilizer do you use?

• Total voters

quorneng

Master member
Perhaps I should elaborate a bit on my use of my Lemon 'stab' Rx's.
Whilst they do have a switchable 'hold' function where it will return the plane to a predetermined attitude I do not use it but only the "rate" function where it reacts (very quickly) to any un commanded deviation be that from wind turbulence or even an aerodynamic characteristic of the plane.
This means the plane will, within reason, maintain a flight path thus giving the pilot time to decide what to do next rather than undertake an excessive 'panic' reaction. The rate function does not limit the control movement at all thus encouraging a "just enough" stick movement approach to achieve the desired effect.
Obviously whilst the rate function is useful to me on a maiden flight of an untried design I believe it is also it is also the function that learners should use as soon as possible or even from day one if the plane has been properly set up in the first place.
A rate function also has the advantage that once the plane has been trimmed for 'straight and level' and in suitably calm conditions the stab can be switched off and on at will with no direct effect on the way the plane handles. A great confidence booster when learning to fly. It certainly does for me!

FishbonesAir

I'm just finishing the FTFC23 Challenge and I want to safely test my planes. I'm a rather beginner pilot. I bought a HobbyEagle A3 Pro years ago and it has never been out of the box. I've unboxed it and started reading about configuring. Is this one-button, multi-blinking-light UI as good as it gets these days? This is a real PITA! :poop: I wonder what 3rd party stabilizers you all use. I'll make a poll also so you can vote even if you don't want to post a reply. I'll start out with the three this company makes and I'll add any as you let me know them.
I have an Aura Lite. I started a thread with tonight's thoughts about it only 5 minutes ago. I'm not allowed to use firearms inside of City Limits. 'nuf said.