FF15 Question Thread

dana8192

What Time Do The Gates Open For Campers

On my FliteFest ticket it says:
  • Date+Time Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM

On the FliteTest Schedule page it says:
  • Thursday – Set Up 5:00pm
  • Friday – All Day Open Fly 8:00am – Registration Begins

It is not clear to me from these items when I am allowed to actually drive in and set up camp?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have a question!

I heard that the absolute BEST way to experience Flite Fest is to be a volunteer. They get all sorts of behind the scenes experiences that the "regular" guests don't. And rumor is that the team leaders for each of the volunteer departments are bribing volunteers to join their teams.

What would someone have to do to be able to get to volunteer at this year's Flite Fest?

jamboree1

My 2 cents on the ice, use dry ice to keep the food cold it lasts a lot longer, regular ice for for your soda pop or after flying hours margaritas. Which leads me to say, alcohol and a lot of people don't tend to mix well

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I will say there was probably plenty of consumption at last years event. everyone was respectful and nothing ever got out of hand

Trimax

all ohio people im looking for you to join the Parking Team volunteers we must unite!! besides we have the most fun

Last edited:

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
I need help!!!!!! I am trying to convince my Dad to go to ff15. We live in NC and I really want to go but I am having trouble talking him into it so any tips?? He says it is to long a drive 7.5 hours:)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's 7.5 hours of bonding time that both of you will regret not having years down the road. Are you old enough to drive? Maybe offer to do some of the driving. Also, set up your ipod to play through the car stereo and listen to Flite Test podcasts on the way up to help distract you from the long drive.

I'll be driving 14.5 hours to get there. 7.5 would be a breeze. :D

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
well I could drive only I have not gotten my permit yet but I am 16 also wen we go places we already listen to stuff although Dad is not interested in ft podcast as he does not do a hole lot of rc he can fly a little but not to well

bitogre

Ok, how about listening to an Audio Book from Audible? I listened to "Game of Thrones" on my solo 17 hour drive to Flite Fest last year but there are plenty of other good books on Audible. And there is a Flite Test promo code (I think it is "FliteTest" but I am sure some one can correct me if I am wrong) to get a free book to listen to.

Also, Flite Fest is not until July so you have a few months to get your learners permit between now and then. The drive up can be a good opportunity to practice your driving skills under your father's instruction.

You might also want to use the time between now and then to offer to do extra chores around the house to help convince your parents.

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
yea I don't know If I will be able to get my permit but I have tried to use the trip as an excuse to get it:)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It doesn't matter regarding the permit. Often they're only good in the home state.

There's lots of podcasts well worth listening to. Check out Decoder Ring Theatre. I really enjoy "Black Jack Justice". But if there's a topic he likes, there's a podcast about it.

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Ok, how about listening to an Audio Book from Audible? I listened to "Game of Thrones" on my solo 17 hour drive to Flite Fest last year but there are plenty of other good books on Audible. And there is a Flite Test promo code (I think it is "FliteTest" but I am sure some one can correct me if I am wrong) to get a free book to listen to.

Here's an audible.com version of a good "Flitetest-related" (sorta!) book I read recently:

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/T...Img/175-4302817-7018341?qid=1424812387&sr=1-5

And here's a free audio version of a thrilling aviation classic book:

https://librivox.org/fighting-the-flying-circus-by-eddie-rickenbacker/

Team_Monkey

Hmmm... There should be a team, just for people with monkey related names...

And we should have our own patch! ;)
http://www.patchtown.com/purpleflyingmonkeypatrolpatch.aspx

or the traditional look
http://www.patchtown.com/flyingmonkeypatrolpatch.aspx

I already have my shirt :cool:
edit MonkeyFest09_a.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This could get bad Team_Monkey.... ;)

Scotty, I think a day early might be possible. I've been thinking of lots of things to add to Austin's work load. So it would be nice if we could at least help do some of the stuff I keep suggesting, for him.

i feel ashamed for not bringing it up earlier. Will there be an official swap meet area, or perhaps swap meet protocol? i saw one or two folks last year, that had pricwe tags on their old planes. I nearly bought one. I'd love to try to trade out some speed motors for bigger, slower ones, or just see what other people have lying around. It could REALLY boost sales for vendors, as most of us have wives and/or kids, so selling old stuff is a great way to get money for new stuff! LOL!