FF2017-Int-Racers: Laird Super Solution

abieex

Mentor
Plans are printed. I will start cutting this puppy out tomorrow. No worries Rockyboy, I'm retired now so maybe I'll build both and best flying bird wins. I love to build and have the luxury of time. Looks like my F6F goes on the back burner again!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That would be very cool! I want to see lots of these things in the air at FF - I think at least 3 builds of each design is a good goal :)

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Plans are printed. I will start cutting this puppy out tomorrow. No worries Rockyboy, I'm retired now so maybe I'll build both and best flying bird wins. I love to build and have the luxury of time. Looks like my F6F goes on the back burner again!

I sent you a private message with a link to the build video that I have so far . The program locked up the file and won't let me add any more to it, so I have to start the editing all over. I will post the completed build video as soon as I get it done. Sorry for the delay.

Tim

abieex

Mentor
Thanks for the link! Just finished cutting things out and I may try to get cowl and wheel pants from solid foam block. Congratulations on the win!! Now, lets win the race.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Any progress on the build video? Still not able to open the link you sent me.

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post. Yes, I have it completed, and will get it uploaded Tuesday after work.

( The partial one may open for you now)

Tim

Last edited:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
MAJOR kudos to you sir! Some good use of old and new techniques for the beginner FT builder. I love how sturdy this airplane becomes once you put it all together. Its one of the hallmarks of these foam airplanes. Excellent, excellent work.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
MAJOR kudos to you sir! Some good use of old and new techniques for the beginner FT builder. I love how sturdy this airplane becomes once you put it all together. Its one of the hallmarks of these foam airplanes. Excellent, excellent work.

Thank you for those kind words. I am glad to be done with the video. With the glitch in the program and having to do most of it twice, it took longer then building the aircraft. But, It's done and I hope it will be a good resource for those that want to build a scale racer.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I will have to sit down and watch that again. I learned a lot watching you physically do some of the steps most people in build videos simply say to do but not show. Sadly I was a bit late to the forums and did not start watching it until 2:30 am so I fell asleep right around where you started to cut the holes in the fuselage for the lower wing.

From what I saw it was a very well done and extremely detailed build video. Great job and congratz on winning.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I will have to sit down and watch that again. I learned a lot watching you physically do some of the steps most people in build videos simply say to do but not show. Sadly I was a bit late to the forums and did not start watching it until 2:30 am so I fell asleep right around where you started to cut the holes in the fuselage for the lower wing.

From what I saw it was a very well done and extremely detailed build video. Great job and congratz on winning.

Thanks. I hope it helps a lot of builders.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Seriously jealous of your flying field!

And awesome to see the Super Solution handling the wind so well! Congrats!

abarton

Tim,
This looks like another fantastic design and build, thanks for taking the time to put the plans and build vid together. I built your PT-17, what a wonderful flier, and I plan on building the Super Solution to race at FliteFest West in April. Hope to see you there.

Alan.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Tim,
This looks like another fantastic design and build, thanks for taking the time to put the plans and build vid together. I built your PT-17, what a wonderful flier, and I plan on building the Super Solution to race at FliteFest West in April. Hope to see you there.

Alan.

Great!! See you there!

Tim

PS. Are you planning on bringing your PT-17 to FF West?