Flite Fest 2015 Pics

Onebladeprop

I agree. There was even a polyhedral out there flying too ;)

Hope you made it back okay! I just flew in this morning.

-David

I made it home about 2am. The big 'ol rolling turd lived up to it's name. Long story but I got it fixed and drove home.

rdiff

Haha, I had to use the Youtube song remover because of the Nikki Minaj song playing in the back ground of the demo. I didn't even notice the music until Youtube did. Oh, and the Night is still young. :)

rdiff

William A, Thanks for the kind comment. I spent a little bit of time in the soy jungle...fortunately, it wasn't the corn jungle. On this occasion I ditched to avoid a collision (at least that is what I am claiming :) ) On another occasion, I got video of my prop leaving me. The good and the bad of it was the soy made for a soft landing, the bad was worrying about damaging the plants during a crash and trying to recover the aircraft.

kc8vfa

It was a great time even with the bad weather and poor cellphone service, I was volunteering in the build tents and I know I was not the only one, many people were having the same issue with both Sprint and Verizon. Here are some of the pics I took while carrying my phone looking for service..... IMG_20150711_093147.jpg IMG_20150711_094230.jpg IMG_20150711_094244.jpg IMG_20150711_094254.jpg IMG_20150711_095718.jpg IMG_20150711_105953.jpg

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
I hope the pilot who lost their gopro was able to find it. I'll remember to pack my metal detector next year, might prove useful.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
I hope the pilot who lost their gopro was able to find it. I'll remember to pack my metal detector next year, might prove useful.
Yikes- they never found it? Hopefully someone picks it up before the soybeans get harvested!

RacerX

Just some random pics. The first two were the view we had from our camper. Cloudy day, sunny day, and then Josh helping "Mr. Baloo" with a wing glue-up.

"Rob D", here on the forums, had the blue/gray tent with the green tie-down ropes. He made some awesome pork roast on his grill and was kind enough to share it with us. Thanks again Rob!

We also met "Hell2Go" Ed and he gave us a 3D printed CG balancer that he made. Thank you!

I wish I would have taken more pictures. Thanks to everyone for an awesomely fun time!

And a shout-out to Alex from Knoxville. Thanks for all of the help with the Spedix quad. We had fun hanging with you and hope to see you again next year.

Thursday rain:
IMG_0208.jpg

Saturday sun:
IMG_0218-2.jpg

Josh and Mr. Baloo:
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg

Alex, a great guy from Knoxville!
IMG_0223.jpg

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
Just some random pics. The first two were the view we had from our camper. Cloudy day, sunny day, and then Josh helping "Mr. Baloo" with a wing glue-up.

"Rob D", here on the forums, had the blue/gray tent with the green tie-down ropes. He made some awesome pork roast on his grill and was kind enough to share it with us. Thanks again Rob!

We also met "Hell2Go" Ed and he gave us a 3D printed CG balancer that he made. Thank you!

I wish I would have taken more pictures. Thanks to everyone for an awesomely fun time!

And a shout-out to Alex from Knoxville. Thanks for all of the help with the Spedix quad. We had fun hanging with you and hope to see you again next year.

Thursday rain:
View attachment 50491

Saturday sun:
View attachment 50494

Josh and Mr. Baloo:
View attachment 50493
View attachment 50492

Alex, a great guy from Knoxville!
View attachment 50499
'Now what you want to do is...'

Do you have a video of them singing 'You are my sunshine' together? That was hilarious... :D

RacerX

Sorry, I didn't get a video. But I'm sure someone did. I was there and saw the sing along! Hilarious!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
My pleasure RacerX. :)

Next year I want to take more photos. Specially with all the people I meet.

Corbarrad

Next year I want to take more photos. Specially with all the people I meet.

True words were never spoken.

I was far too busy gawking, mingling, chatting and building to take a lot of photos. I'd have to bring a clone of myself along to take all of those video opportunities I had that I "wasted" having fun.

With two days of heavy rain, being locked in the candy store without money when I got locked out of my credit card and only being able to get one solid flight in, I still had the best vacation since the change of the millenium.
I can hardly imagine things getting better if the weather had played along as well... Is it possible to overdose on Endorpins?

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I didn't take as many photos this year, mainly because I got all busy charging my flight batteries and forgot to charge up the camera, which died on Saturday afternoon. Typical. Anyway, here's what I got. Enjoy!

Some great shots! You got a good shot of my left hand in one of the build tent shots :D

Rob D

Glad you liked the pork i think it was the best I've ever made. Glad we could share with you guys. It was a pleasure to meet both of you. The granola you gave us was pretty amazing thanks. Everyone enjoyed it. I plan to be there next year hope with my truck which will actually allow me to bring more planes. Hope to see you next year.

Rob

RacerX

We'll be there next year. Probably not with the RV, since it was a basket case.

We learned a lot about what we really needed to bring. I actually brought TOO MANY PLANES! Here's what I had in my car and we had more in the RV.

I didn't get to fly half of these at the fest.
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0810.jpg