Flite Fest 2017 Rubber band glider drop question

bmosinski

While watching the review of the 2016 Flite Fest I noticed the kids making and flying what looked to be a rubber band shot or toss glider used in the glider drop. I did see them using sparrows as chuck gliders. This one looked like a profile glider. Does anyone know if these are for sale or plans are available? Would like to use these for a local STEM and club activity. Thanks!
gliderdrop.GIF

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That is the FT Venture Glider and it is part of the FT-STEM program. No free plans for that yet and I have not heard if the plans will be made available. I will make an inquiry to try and find out.

kdobson83

FT Venture plans PLEASE!!

Any word on the FT Venture plans yet Dan? I was wanting to build these with my son, he loves chucking my old non flyable FT planes around, I would LOVE to have some plans for a real chuck glider that's an easy build as he is only 3. I REALLY want to get him into this hobby and I think this FT Venture glider would be amazing way to get him started and a way for us to enjoy the hobby of building and flying together. I know the sparrow is a good one but again, he's 3, the Venture looks more for his age group.
Thanks
Kevin

jubb42

I'm looking for FT venture or similar plans. Something that I can trace, cut, and build in about a half hour. I built my 2.5 year old a Sparrow and he loved it, he took it with him every where he went. Of course it was trashed in about a week or two. He keeps asking me to build another one, but I can't keep building that every two weeks.

Anybody know of any single sheet glider(or rubber band) plans?