Flite Fest Ohio 2018 Volunteers

allenajs

That is a great video! I have watched it like 10 times and sent it to everyone who asks me about FliteFest.

I asked in a YT comment but no response yet.... A hard surface runway was mentioned. Anyone have any info on that yet?

Allen

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
That is a great video! I have watched it like 10 times and sent it to everyone who asks me about FliteFest.

I asked in a YT comment but no response yet.... A hard surface runway was mentioned. Anyone have any info on that yet?

Allen

They said they are going to install a rolled blacktop runway new for this year. I'm sure when the work is done we will see images on all the usual sites.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
They said they are going to install a rolled blacktop runway new for this year. I'm sure when the work is done we will see images on all the usual sites.

hmmm
1529351211307.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If only that were Malvern. I can smell the hot tack oil from here now thanx to that picture. Brings back some old memories.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Last year after the rain a little (and by a little I mean what seemed like a USAF C-5 load) straw was used to reinforce the very moist earth/mud.

My idea is this, instead of straw and only for the areas of high importance -in front of the store. Use the same material that is used for the flight line.

First of all: It's not going to rain this year. Period.

Second: The straw is meant to absorb some of the water and mix with the mud to become a more firm surface. The geotextile that was used for runways will just let all the water through and be stomped into the ground. I'm not sure that'll work.

My suggestion still is to get the military involved and have them lay temporary roads - or bridges if it gets really bad ;).

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
First of all: It's not going to rain this year. Period.

Second: The straw is meant to absorb some of the water and mix with the mud to become a more firm surface. The geotextile that was used for runways will just let all the water through and be stomped into the ground. I'm not sure that'll work.

My suggestion still is to get the military involved and have them lay temporary roads - or bridges if it gets really bad ;).

John would love a paved runway I bet lol.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Flite Fest Ohio 2018 Volunteer Update #5

Good morning volunteers.
To the 9 volunteers who signed up since the last email blast... HI!

In less than 3 weeks we will be in full swing.

Over the coming days (if my planning goes as planned) I'll have a plan... LOL

I've started reviewing everyone's volunteer submissions so I can map out who can help setup, tear down and if they have any days where they are not available.

As we get closer and closer to the event date I hope to have more information to share from Austin and the FT team.

In the mean time, NO RAIN DANCING... Got it ;)

Have a great weekend.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Andre.

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2018 Volunteer Coordinator
http://flitefest.com/

53DD7F49-D3EC-47E5-88C6-81454DE59B5C.jpg

Corbarrad

Andre said:
In the mean time, NO RAIN DANCING... Got it ;)
I had hoped to lure some rain over here where it can't do damage during flite fest, but if you say so...

I just filled out my Volunteer application for this year. depending on how well my ankles are I might be able to help with setup and teardown.

Anyone up for more german chocolate this year?

BorisTheSpider

I live up the road and I've got the week off starting Monday. I'll do whatever I can to help all week. Not sure that was the case when I initially signed up so I wanted to make sure you were aware.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I saw an address somewhere to enter that might give better results for navigation, but can not remember which thread it was in.
Can anyone help? (figuring out when I need to leave here Wednesday morning/Tuesday night?.) ;)