FliteFEST 2021

tamuct01

I'm planning to make it to OH this year. Please keep us updated with the schedule and festival plans. I know that the festival plans will keep the FT team busy, but if we were to make it to OH (from TX) a day or two early, will Edgewater be open for visitors/founders to swing by and check it out?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Currently we are keeping FF here in Malvern for the time being. We are still chatting through extended options for other states throughout the country, but we do not have any plans as of today to journey beyond the OHIO borders this year. We will keep you updated though if that does change and as it evolves! ;)

With things being what they are due to COVID as well as logistics/location availability, I can accept that. I would love a return of FFW in the future, though!!! :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Time for a road trip, SoCal to Malvern! :eek:
Visit some family on the way and have fun flying!
Hopefully we'll see FF west coast soon....:unsure:

It’d take me the better part of a week to get there; I don’t see myself being able to convince my wife to make the drive, and I don’t think I could do it by myself at my current age.

While I’m not old and decrepit, I have a harder time doing long drives by myself due to medications that can make me drowsy...better to tag team drive.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
I'm planning to make it to OH this year. Please keep us updated with the schedule and festival plans. I know that the festival plans will keep the FT team busy, but if we were to make it to OH (from TX) a day or two early, will Edgewater be open for visitors/founders to swing by and check it out?
Excited to see you all there! ;) Yes, Edgewater will be open. It is open all year round essentially to visit, so you are good to swing by at anytime! ;) (we may or may not be there at certain times that week also bc of FF set up etc! ha)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Excited to see you all there! ;) Yes, Edgewater will be open. It is open all year round essentially to visit, so you are good to swing by at anytime! ;) (we may or may not be there at certain times that week also bc of FF set up etc! ha)
when will flitefest happen? also, how do you register to fly there?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok for the out of country folk. I assume its insurance of some sort. Can a foreigner get it? Wonder if the local insurance would cover me down there(which I dont have either) theres no official fields here anymore so I havnt bothered
It’s the insurance that’s the reason you’re required to have it at flitefest. The AMA runs clubs around the country, has a podcast, and is a voice for us hobbiests with the FAA stuff going on. You should be able to get one even if you’re not in the US.
ok. thanks will convince my dad to get one.
It should be free for you.