FliteFEST 2021

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
It’s the insurance that’s the reason you’re required to have it at flitefest. The AMA runs clubs around the country, has a podcast, and is a voice for us hobbiests with the FAA stuff going on. You should be able to get one even if you’re not in the US.

It should be free for you.
Yep my membership
Was free.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
It’s the insurance that’s the reason you’re required to have it at flitefest. The AMA runs clubs around the country, has a podcast, and is a voice for us hobbiests with the FAA stuff going on. You should be able to get one even if you’re not in the US.

It should be free for you.
really, I thought it was 15 dollars for kids. btw I am in the us

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
all my kids were free to get AMA memberships for (required by the flying club I go to... or did go do until life got to busy to make a day of going out to go fly given that it is a 1 hour drive away).

Mr.Grinch

@flitetest with FF21 on the books, are we going to see a push of new SBK’s released leading up to FF so people have some new things to build? Or maybe new stuff AT FF? I know @Splinter189 has a bunch of incredible stuff in his workshop that I (and many others I’m sure) would love to see as SBK’s available.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Do I need an AMA membership to fly there?
Hey guys!
So, we are actually looking into a few things on OUR end about Flite Fest 2021 as it pertains to Membership Insurance. If you are looking at buying insurance one time for this event, please hold off as we are looking into a solution for that at Flite Fest ;) We should know very soon and when we do, we will be sure to update everyone in this thread as well as on the website etc etc!
Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

The FT Team

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Are there any challenges/races/etc that are ran durning FliteFEST?
Challenges yes, quad racing yes, plane racing no. They run quad racing more or less continuously through the day. Several classes, beginner, advanced ect.

For the planes, we do combat, usually twice a day, many days more often. The flight line is quite long, most of the day is open flying. Plenty of flying stations & open sky, I’ve never had to wait to fly. There will be 10-40 planes in the air at any one time. They are spread out but there is an occasional mid air collision. During combat, there are 50-75 planes in the air, flying in close proximity, with the intent of hitting the other guy before he hits you. Occasionally the quad guys will participate in combat.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
What types of challenges?
There are not a lot of contests, it limits the number that can participate and limits the open flying. The contests vary from year to year. I’ve seen balloon contests, they tie a balloon to a long (40+ foot) string. Cut the string or pop the balloon. Some limbo, some duration, some hit the flopping guy, like the car dealers have.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
There are not a lot of contests, it limits the number that can participate and limits the open flying. The contests vary from year to year. I’ve seen balloon contests, they tie a balloon to a long (40+ foot) string. Cut the string or pop the balloon. Some limbo, some duration, some hit the flopping guy, like the car dealers have.
ah true, I can see that. I was just curious.

With the drone racing going on all the time, is there any left over FPV channels for fix wing flying? or is the FPV stuff mostly taken up by drones? (which gets me really curious what will happen with DJI video given how much spectrum it eats up.)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
..... With the drone racing going on all the time, is there any left over FPV channels for fix wing flying? or is the FPV stuff mostly taken up by drones? (which gets me really curious what will happen with DJI video given how much spectrum it eats up.)
The quads definitely use most of the FPV space. Im not sure if they have some fixed wing FPV, if they do, it must coordinated with the quad guys.