Flitefest 2021

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Flitefest 2021 is in 20 days! I’m wanting to know what projects/planes people will be working on while at ff so I am able to meet as many awesome forum members as possible! I’m flying so unfortunately I won’t be able to bring any planes but I’m planning on building 4 of my designs and having them there for anybody who wants to try taking them for a spin. I’ll have the simple stick, F7F Tigercat, Aerojet, and evangel 4500. If you see any of them, come over and say hi and I’ll let you take one or all of them for a flight! I’m not sure what I’ll have for ft builds yet, but I’m hoping to make a twin fuse combat monster based off the guinea pig. What are your guys’ projects or plans? I know @Ryan O. is going big with his giant shinden, and I’m stoked to see it fly!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I am going to be there with 5 kids, I don't really have any specific plans at the moment for things to build at FF.

tamuct01

I'll be there showing off my V-22 Osprey project (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/bell-boeing-v-22-project.58632/). I'm not sure what I'll be building, but I'm sure we'll spend some time in the build tent and the STEM tent with my son. I have an old FT 3D that I wouldn't be sad to lose, so I think it's going into combat. I'll have my Night Radian, FT Legacy, Guinea Pig, Arrow, and Pun Jet to fly around. We'll be tent camping for the week. We're also planning to visit Edgewater on Tuesday to check it out and visit the Founder's Wall.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not taking off work, so not sure if I will be able to swing by this year. Will have to see what happens with the schedule. Planning on doing a few day trips up to Edgewater instead this year.

bwarz

Master member
heading down with three kids, all of whom fly! probably build a quantity of minis and maybe @Niez13 / 13th Squadron Mosquito and p61 if I don't get them done before we leave. likely going to make something up for combat too. perhaps I'll build one of my BF109s as well...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'll be there showing off my V-22 Osprey project (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/bell-boeing-v-22-project.58632/). I'm not sure what I'll be building, but I'm sure we'll spend some time in the build tent and the STEM tent with my son. I have an old FT 3D that I wouldn't be sad to lose, so I think it's going into combat. I'll have my Night Radian, FT Legacy, Guinea Pig, Arrow, and Pun Jet to fly around. We'll be tent camping for the week. We're also planning to visit Edgewater on Tuesday to check it out and visit the Founder's Wall.
Awesome, I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the osprey!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
heading down with three kids, all of whom fly! probably build a quantity of minis and maybe @Niez13 / 13th Squadron Mosquito and p61 if I don't get them done before we leave. likely going to make something up for combat too. perhaps I'll build one of my BF109s as well...
Awesome! I’m sure you’ll be pretty easy to spot with your large fleet of such beautiful planes! What days are you planning on being there?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Flitefest 2021 is in 20 days! I’m wanting to know what projects/planes people will be working on while at ff so I am able to meet as many awesome forum members as possible! I’m flying so unfortunately I won’t be able to bring any planes but I’m planning on building 4 of my designs and having them there for anybody who wants to try taking them for a spin. I’ll have the simple stick, F7F Tigercat, Aerojet, and evangel 4500. If you see any of them, come over and say hi and I’ll let you take one or all of them for a flight! I’m not sure what I’ll have for ft builds yet, but I’m hoping to make a twin fuse combat monster based off the guinea pig. What are your guys’ projects or plans? I know @Ryan O. is going big with his giant shinden, and I’m stoked to see it fly!
how does the build tent work there? do i just bring my electroncis and they like give you free sbk's??? how do you aacquire plans?

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
What’s your simple stik? Same one they flite test has for sale? Is is this of your one design?

bwarz

Master member
Awesome! I’m sure you’ll be pretty easy to spot with your large fleet of such beautiful planes! What days are you planning on being there?
we'll be there with my brother and nephew Thursday to Sunday (yay!!!) this year. how about you? (that's a long trip btw!) We'll be hopefully in the camper section, maybe with tents if we can't find a camper 😆 come and find us! I'm looking forward to meeting some of the excellent members on this forum!

Last edited:

bwarz

Master member
I'll probably print a crap-ton of plans and bring my spray glue 😆🤣 any idea on painting???? I'm sure bomb cans in the tents wouldn't go over well😅. gotta remember the polyurethane in case it rains.....

dehager

I will be camping Friday and Saturday. I will be brining my F-16, F-117 and Aero L-39. Also a few more on the bench ready for retirement (combat).

tamuct01

Can anyone explain how the situation with plans, sbk's and electronics woks on flitefest, this will be my first.

There will be build tents setup for your use. In the build tents, there are tables and power strips available to plug in your glue guns, soldering irons, battery chargers (don't leave batteries charging unattended), whatever. In the past foamboard has been supplied by the FF team. It's up to you to bring your own plans or imagination to build whatever you want. Kits and electronics will be available at the onsite FT Store. You should bring your own building equipment (glue guns, soldering iron, etc.), but folks are generally nice and may let you use theirs if you can't bring one. Bring any wood, 3d printed parts, arrow shafts, skewers, etc. that you may need for scratch builds.

Most of all, have fun!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone explain how the situation with plans, sbk's and electronics woks on flitefest, this will be my first.
I agree with the above.

Bring everything you need to build, fly & repair a plane. There will be midair collisions & unplanned encounters with the ground. Glue gun, glue sticks bbqs, blades, etc. I try to bring enough of everything to share.

Feel free to bring your own electronics. There will be plenty of vendors there if you run out or forget something.

Things can get a bit crowded, Friday & Saturday. Finding enough electrical plugins can be a problem, bring a power strip & possibly a short heavy duty extension cord.

Bring sunscreen & water jugs, popup shade are welcome but not necessary. It's perfectly acceptable to bring your own food & soda's. There are plenty of food vendors, think fair food.

Bring the people you love & the planes you don't. Hope to see everyone there.

Last edited:

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Send me the BF109 plans and I can needle cut them at flite fest. Ill try to get some of the others downloaded too and on request I can probably knock them out during the evenings when everything is wound down. Bringing my whole setup along. If your plans are efficient I can cut a sheet in less than 10 mins. Max of like 35-40.