FliteTest pilot skill level questions

CappyAmeric

Elite member
It is a little subjective, but I would guess the Flerken, Flerken Nano, or P-47. The Flerkens are somewhat unstable about the pitch axis, and the P-47‘s cowling is so big it blocks necessary prop-wash across the elevator when launching.

Aslansmonkey

I had little problem with the P-47, though I agree the cowling is large. And full discloser, mine eventually crashed, not on the first flight though.

The regular Flerken is ok to fly. The Nano Flerken was, for me, unflyable. It's a plane for someone with much better reflexes than mine.

About half the mini warbirds gave me trouble (hellcat flew, but wasn't fun for me as I had to concentrate too much. Same with the P-40.) The mini Zero is a dream to fly, though. And the issues with these planes could be more to slight issues in building more than the design themselves. Mini's in general require you to be more precise than the larger planes.

The easiest flyer, in my opinion, is probably the scout.

skymaster

Elite member
I think all the mini's are a handful cause they have less mass and they have to keep moving. they can glide less than an average size model. p51mini mustang , corsair mini

Kiax

I have no issues with the MS p-47. Personally I think it is the easiest MS to fly. The MS Spitfire is a good plane, it can be fast. The mini Corsair and Hellcat can be a handful. I love the zero, she flys well if trims and rates are right. I think the regular flerkin fly good, but I have hard time launching it

Aslansmonkey

I have no issues with the MS p-47. Personally I think it is the easiest MS to fly. The MS Spitfire is a good plane, it can be fast. The mini Corsair and Hellcat can be a handful. I love the zero, she flys well if trims and rates are right. I think the regular flerkin fly good, but I have hard time launching it
Yeah, I smashed the nose of my Flerken learning to side hand toss it. I think I got it down now, but it was rough the first time or two.

The nano flerken I crashed twice, breaking it in half both times (second break was along the same line as the first) before I got an actual flight out of it. That flight was wild. Quick, hard to control. Far across the field I lost control again and it spiraled into the ground. It was repairable but I didn't bother. I didn't enjoy the flying it did to.

My MS Spit was easier to fly than the P-47. I still have the Spit and take it out on occasion, but as it's really nice looking I mostly hang it from the ceiling.