• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flux core welder

Merv

I’ve got a small Lincoln welder, runs off of 120v, works great. I use it for simple repairs. It’s capable of more if I were a better at welding.

Bricks

You say metal plane how thick is the metal going to be if 16th thick going to be awfully tough to do if thicker there is not a ton of difference in Flux Core welders mostly the duration of the weld before letting the welder cool down. Argon shielded welders give a much cleaner weld ( less spatter and clean up ) and easier to use unless out in the wind. The one I purchased has the option to add the argon if I so desired.

Bricks

I hate flux core welding, worse then brazing to galvanized steel :D:D
When I was younger was building a boat trailer from galvanized pipe arc welding in the winter time in a closed garage woke up the next morning thought I was going to die could hardly breath. Back then never heard of galvanized poisoning but I learned the hard way of what it was.

Wildthing

I basically hate flux core welding, it is like brazing to galvanized metal ;) . if anything make sure it has the option to hook up a tank so you can use standard wire with Argon or mig mix gas, much cleaner welds.