• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flysky FS-i6X Firmware upgrade problem

Hi. Has anyone who has this Tx been able to upgrade the firmware from the Flysky website? I get an error about a missing DLL file.

I've read a lot about custom firmware for the FS-i6, but not for the Tx I have, and I'm not sure if that custom firmware works on the i6X as well.

FDS

What do you need the custom firmware for? I am a firm believer in “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and messing with the firmware is a good way to brick the TX.

kilroy07

The custom firmware was to open up all 10 channels on the i6 and to make it behave like the i6x.

I’m going to go with @FDS here, if it ain’t broke...

I’ve Got two of the i6x myself and I’m not even sure which version they may be (I can check if your curious.)

I don't need the custom firmware, I was trying to upgrade the official firmware.

Sorry if my post seemed to suggest I was wanting to install the custom one, I just meant that whenever I search on forums or google about the firmware, most posts are to do with the custom one.

FDS

What’s wrong with the current official one? If the TX turns on, binds, and works well on all 6 channels then that’s all you need it to do. Being a version or two behind is fine if it works!
If you can’t find the official firmware upgrade easily then I would definitely leave it well alone.

Ok, fair enough. As someone that works in the tech industry, if I see an update available for some hardware, I usually take it.

It would be nice if they documented what had changed though, but I'll just leave it as it is.

FDS

If you want to really have fun with your TX like you would a good computer build then OpenTX is probably one of the most flexible and well documented systems available. When you get some more flying under your belt it might be worth a look, there’s several good TX’s that run it for well under $200 or less if you buy second hand.
With the cheaper manufacturers lack of documentation is often a problem, fortunately there’s lots of knowledgeable people here that can help, I always ask around now before doing any updates, as not all of them are beneficial.