FMS/Airfield P51 Mustang

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
He already did yesterday. For a little anyway. He flew it on two blades with a motor and ESC that he really didn't think was best. He did well anyway but doing a grass/gear up landing he broke a prop blade. He went through a bunch yesterday. He says they snap a little too easily. Have you replaced any prop blades?

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Not yet. I run a 13 x 9 2 blade on the stock 3648 600 kv motor and a 65 amp CC ESC with a 10 amp CC BEC. Batteries are 25c (30??) 4s 5000 mAh Zippy Flight max. We have a paved runway and I have not needed to put it down in the grass yet. Last year I was flying it on the DX5e radio that came with my Apprentice. I now have a DX7 so I put a little expo in mine because I thought they it as a little snap happy also and I didn't trust myself. But it seems to fly much differently on the DX7 so I may take the expo out or just back it off a little once I get a few flights under my belt this season.

Fishbonez

I know this thread is a bit dated but I just picked one of these birds up from a club member and was wondering if anyone has some High rates and or low rates to go with this model. I currently have everything set at a 100 percent throws which is how the original owner flew his. Just curious. I have a dx8
Thanks in advance

brian79cj

I just watched a guy this weekend try to take the same plane up off of the grass. I am still new to this and not sure why it happened but he started his takeoff and the tail came up too far sending the prop into the ground. Didn't end well. Was his takeoff speed too fast and didn't pull up in time?

Fishbonez

I just watched a guy this weekend try to take the same plane up off of the grass. I am still new to this and not sure why it happened but he started his takeoff and the tail came up too far sending the prop into the ground. Didn't end well. Was his takeoff speed too fast and didn't pull up in time?

This often occurs because the wheels are not forward enough or raked. Sometimes can be fixed with bigger wheels or sometime folks will put a spacer in the rear of a wheel mount to angle them forward. Most planes are not designed to take off from the grass (like backyard grass or a a soccer filed) but many are capable.

Fishbonez

No they were correct. Even cheeked again after crash to be sure. Not really sure of the cause. All back together just waiting on spinner and prop adapter to come in the mail.

Fishbonez

I really like it. much cheaper than a gopro and picture is just as good IMHO. Little more expensive then an 808 keychain cam but far more durable. I don't think it makes a very good hatcam though :cool:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
That's good enough for me. And for the hat cam, if I need it, duck tape.
Thanks Bonez.

Fishbonez

Sorry Jim unfortunately I do not. I just have your basic Mobius no thrills edition if you know what I mean