• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FrSky R-XSR, no Channel receiver bands moves in Betaflight... Need Help!

Hi,

I just switched from Spektrum to FrSky on my 4 quadcopters. I do have a connectivity issue it seem, but it is pretty weird as it behave, or not behave... I spent a lot of time troubleshooting, please let me know if you have anything else then: 'it should work'! I am willing to try anything, I am sure 2 brand new Rx and that Tx are broken????

Let me give you more details:

Tx: X9D plus
Rx: R-XSR

FC Board: Naze32 Rev6

Connected with: Sbus + Telemetry.

Got: Solid Green + Solid blue LEDs. So, should be bind properly.
Got: 9 Channels of Telemetry on my Tx. So, it does communicate this way.
On Betaflight, NO Receiver inputs whatsoever.:mad:

I am connected: S port, Yellow wire on SoftSerial 2, (pins 7&8 (but 9&10th holes) on Naze32)
S Bus, White wire on UART 2 RX, (pins 4 (but 6th hole) on Naze32)
PWR & GNDs are fine

I got in Betaflight: PORT: RX = UART 2 = serial RX ON
Configuration: RX serial, Bus
Soft Serial, Telemetry ON

I tried in CLI: set subs_inversion = ON/OFF

Loaded last Firmware for both the Tx and Rx

Tried 2 different Rx (Both R-XSRs)

So no luck, still no seing the Receivers bands moving with the sticks in the Betaflight Tab.

Is there anything I should try in my settings?

See all photos below

Thanks so so much for the help! ;) Help2.png Help1b.png

LitterBug

Troll Spammer
Looks like you have the s.port telemetry from the FC to the R-XSR working correctly, but the SBUS from the R-XSR to the FC is not working. Possibly connected to the wrong port. SBUS should go to an RX pin, and s.port should go to a TX pin. Not familiar with the NAZE pinouts to be much help there. The pictures showing the connection between the RX and FC, and the ports tab are pretty small, I can't make out the details.

LB

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
Why do I keep thinking this needs to be on uart 3 and why am I not seeing uart 3 listed on the screen shot of the ports tab....

Do the Betaflight gui version match the firmware version of the FC?

LitterBug

Troll Spammer
Managed to zoom in an see the details. Ok, I see what is going on. You are using the white wire from the R-XSR which is the sbus input to the RX for failover. You should be using the Green Sbus out wire not the white one.

Cheers!
LitterBug.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Why do I keep thinking this needs to be on uart 3 and why am I not seeing uart 3 listed on the screen shot of the ports tab....

Do the Betaflight gui version match the firmware version of the FC?
Naze32 only has 2 UART's, and #1 is shared with USB. F1's... Not just slow with small memory ;)