Help! FT Arrow FPV setup

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Ok so I've narrowed it down to two cameras, the cameras are the swift mini 2 mr. Steele edition and the phoenix 2. They are the same price but I don't know what one would be the best for my application. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Battery800

Elite member
That would be why I stated at 3s or 4s you would be fine and why I also suggested to run the camera from a filtered 5v supply if possible.

@Battery800 you can but its generally not the best place to tap from. Thin wires and higher watt vtx can melt and fuse the wires which would be REALLY bad. Second thats more plug in / disconnecting on an already tiny connector so you could be shortening its life span.

Here is an example of the Pheonix 2. bear in mind high tvl cameras do not dvr well which is what the lines are NOT what I see in the goggles. Also this was before I cut the colors back from stock as the saturation was wayyy to high for my liking. It washes out the tiny scraggle branhes I need to see when flying IN a tree not around it.

without osd showing.

With what I use in betaflight osd showing.
I’m looking at the eachine tx06 and it says it is 25mw and 3.3-5.5v

Sero

Elite member
That would be why I stated at 3s or 4s you would be fine and why I also suggested to run the camera from a filtered 5v supply if possible.

@Battery800 you can but its generally not the best place to tap from. Thin wires and higher watt vtx can melt and fuse the wires which would be REALLY bad. Second thats more plug in / disconnecting on an already tiny connector so you could be shortening its life span.

Here is an example of the Pheonix 2. bear in mind high tvl cameras do not dvr well which is what the lines are NOT what I see in the goggles. Also this was before I cut the colors back from stock as the saturation was wayyy to high for my liking. It washes out the tiny scraggle branhes I need to see when flying IN a tree not around it.

without osd showing.

With what I use in betaflight osd showing.

I read you post different than that, I just wanted to make sure the OP was clear. ;) All good!

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I've decided to go with the phoenix 2 cam because it's the lightest. I was just looking at pics of it and found a pin labeled menu. My question is what is it for and how does it connect with my transmitter. Here's a pic of the cam and my tx.
Screenshot_20201227-230044.png
IMG_20201227_231023720~2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-230044.png
    Screenshot_20201227-230044.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The two connections you are asking about is for the board that comes with the camera to change all the settings in the bios.

@Battery800 As for the VTX I would suggest nothing lower then 100 mw 200 mw to be safe in the up coming legal flight distance changes for fixed wing specially wings that fly fast. You will out run 25mw useable distance in a very short time. Maybe not even far enough to hand launch and pull down goggles before its out of range on certain channels depending on your antennas.

If you watch that video I posted of my quads you can see how fast 25mw breaks up and that is with good matched antennas.