FT Mini Corsair Paper Replacement Kit

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
No offense meant guys, but I think those green stripes are gross. +1 for Pappy.

Marine green. OO-RAH!
I was thinking Boyington as well but this corsair...

LucyBelle_Proof2.jpg

Yeah I know, that was for a photoshoot and never flew combat. But hey, I grew up building that in 1/32 scale. It's a childhood memory. Sue me. ;)

But I'm also not unreasonable. Present me a case for 883 and I'll consider it for the first next one.

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'm all in for the checkered nose+tail. The green looks OK, but it's a bit gaudy for my taste. Not that I'm complaining, I'd still build it regardless of which skin is done first.

Rasterize

Mentor
Just a little preview to let you know I'm still working on the Corsair. Latest wing progress. FT Mini Corsair Left Wing Proof.jpg

97tj-neil

This is looking great. I have been planning to build a Corsair, but may just wait until you get this done. This also gives me a reason to get my color printer running again. Will you be posting a 8.5x11 tiled version?

Rasterize

Mentor
Thanks! Yep, I'll probably release plans size for 8.5X11 and 11X17. I may even do a 24X36 for those who hate tiled sheet and either have access to a larger printer or who want to have it printed someplace like Staples.

slandon

Hey Rasterize, a Corsair skin would be awesome. I was building the Mini Corsair when I found your skin set for the Mini Mustang. I liked it so much that I set aside the Corsair and started on the Stang. I would love to build the Corsair with one of your skin sets.

Rasterize

Mentor
Hey Rasterize, a Corsair skin would be awesome. I was building the Mini Corsair when I found your skin set for the Mini Mustang. I liked it so much that I set aside the Corsair and started on the Stang. I would love to build the Corsair with one of your skin sets.

Hey slandon, glad you like the Old Crow. Good luck on the build. I'm still working on the corsair but I travel for work so that slows things down a lot.

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi Guys!
I'd really like to move forward with the corsair this week. One of the things slowing me down is travel for work. I have no way to build prototypes to see how things go together. Anyone want to be a test builder? I'd send you the file via email. You build it and take some pics and measurements and send them back to me for revisions.

dutchmonkey

Hi Guys!
I'd really like to move forward with the corsair this week. One of the things slowing me down is travel for work. I have no way to build prototypes to see how things go together. Anyone want to be a test builder? I'd send you the file via email. You build it and take some pics and measurements and send them back to me for revisions.

i would be willing to build one

mrwis@yahoo.com

Rasterize, I remember watching Baa Baa Blacksheep as a kid. Awesome show. Looking forward to seeing the graphics for the corsair and hopeful you will find the time to do them. I also had a board game called Carrier Strike back in that day. Don't know if anyone remembers that game but it was fun moving the planes and dropping the torpedo's.

Rasterize

Mentor
Rasterize, I remember watching Baa Baa Blacksheep as a kid. Awesome show. Looking forward to seeing the graphics for the corsair and hopeful you will find the time to do them. I also had a board game called Carrier Strike back in that day. Don't know if anyone remembers that game but it was fun moving the planes and dropping the torpedo's.

Carrier Strike! Oh man! I think I still have a copy of that in the basement! Loved that game!
The first round of the corsair skins are finished and going through test builds as we speak.

dutchmonkey

Fixed my mistake in building the prototype it looks great sent you the photos. My suggestion instead of doing a separate fuse skin I would just increase the size of the poster board sections and glue it all on at the end I don't see any reason that won't work same goes with the bottom rear skin 1/2" longer and a little taller on the sides and done.

Rasterize

Mentor
...it looks great sent you the photos. My suggestion instead of doing a separate fuse skin I would just increase the size of the poster board sections and glue it all on at the end....and done.

Great! Can't wait to see the pics! I like the idea on increasing the size of the poster board. will have to play with that.

kacknor

Build another!

Not sure how many systems carry it, but U-verse cable has a network called Heros & Icons (H&I). No idea who is behind it. Black Sheep Squadron is on two episodes at a time.

Yeah, I DVR it and watch it again. ;)

JD

Rasterize

Mentor
Skin Kit Teaser: Here are a couple of photos from one of my test builders (Thank you dutchmonkey!) who is helping me with the corsair skin kit.

CE5.jpg

CE6.jpg

The wings are coming along nicely with only a few changes I want to make. The fuselage is another matter although I knew it would be the toughest part. Progress is slow on these projects as life has a tendency to get in the way if it is still filled with work and family. Unless you work at Flite Test where it's basicly the same thing. Oh to be so lucky.

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Looks great!. I am falling behind, my office had no internet/network yesterday as a snow plow took out the power and fiber lines with his truck bed. Granted it was a new driver and he was being courteous to clean the snow from our lot. The funny part is I work at the DOT that knocked it out!