Ft tiny trainer build

Tony123

Don’t use a 10A esc.
You want at least a 20. I use 30A esc’s on all my smaller models, the size difference isn’t much and the spare capacity keeps them cool. 2s 1000mah is a bit heavy for a TT imo. You want it light or it’s go8ng to feel very fast keeping it up in the air. You potentially have a bigger motor up front already, more weight is not a good idea.
Okay so use a 2s 850 mah lipo?

FDS

Elite member
Look at the weight of the battery recommended on the store, try to stay at or below that. I run 850mah max on my TT, some people do run bigger packs, it depends on where the finished plane balances and how fast you want it to fly. A heavier plane will need faster airspeed to generate enough lift.
I would build the plane first, then see how much weight applied where on the airframe gets it to balance. My battery sits 2/3rds of the way inside the fuselage so I can’t fit a bigger one in there, your build may end up different.

skymaster

Elite member

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
And is it Problem That it has no cut off voltage and no heat cut off?
No, for the first flight just land after 5 min, then every 2 min after that and check the voltage of the battery with one of these. Then once the pack reads about 7.4 volts, take note of how long you flew and then set a timer on your phone for that amount of time. It'll keep you from having to come in dead-stick. As long as your esc has some airflow it shouldn't overheat.

Reactions: FDS

Tony123

No, for the first flight just land after 5 min, then every 2 min after that and check the voltage of the battery with one of these. Then once the pack reads about 7.4 volts, take note of how long you flew and then set a timer on your phone for that amount of time. It'll keep you from having to come in dead-stick. As long as your esc has some airflow it shouldn't overheat.
Okay! Thanks

FDS

Elite member
I use the Hobbyking new or Hobbywing Skywalker. Those come pre set up with low voltage cut off so if you do forget to set up a timer or make a mistake with it it won’t let you drain the battery. SimonK ones are set up for old quads, they will keep running until the battery is flat if you don’t set your flight time up right.