FT Versa Wingspan - Questions

bozz268

Hi,

I hope your safe!

1- Is the FT Versa Wingspan 38 inch per wing or the total for both wings?

2- How do I join all the Tiled scratch plans into one, I am having issues? Does anyone have any photos of the entire A4 papers attached?

Thanks!

Tench745

Master member
The wingspan is the entire width from wingtip to wingtip. The measurement from centerline to wingtip is referred to as the "half-span".

To join the tiles I just lay them out, line up the sections, and tape them together. I use the full size plans and just print them tiled. It seems easier to me than getting the tiled plans from FT.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
flite test designs are designed for their custom foamboard. If your in the USA, you can get Adam's Ready board at a dollar store, which is the closest 'off the shelf' material. it is 5mm thick with the paper. The only other name brand that can work well is ROSS which is only about 10-15% heavier. Most/all of the other foamboards are about 2x as heavy as the Adam's Ready board, which will make it quite hard to get your CG correctly without adding a lot of nose weight - therefore making your craft very heavy.

if you don't have access to DTFB (the Adam's Ready Board) or FT's foam, 5mm deperon skinned with tape can work well. Typically you will only need to skin the outside of the foam and can leave the inside untreated. (for some of my builds I pull all the paper off the inside and I haven't had any durability issues from doing so)

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Using a large window or sliding glass door is a great way to join tiled plans. Tape a tile to the window by the top edge at two places. Join the adjacent sheets with tape, lining up all the lines and cut marks.

bozz268

Using a large window or sliding glass door is a great way to join tiled plans. Tape a tile to the window by the top edge at two places. Join the adjacent sheets with tape, lining up all the lines and cut marks.
I got that and it worked, do you think the Bazic Foam Board would work?

I don't have Adam's own on the island

Bricks

Master member
So it turns out that Bazic Products is just the same stuff as Adams but for the international Market and under a different brand.

This right here is a nice little tidbit to know when some one from across the ponds need information.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
This right here is a nice little tidbit to know when some one from across the ponds need information.

*I* didn't say it was the same thing, just that it has approx the same mass per sheet as DTFB just like Ross does. Not sure how that statement went from 'it looks close enough' to 'it is the same thing re-branded'

bozz268

*I* didn't say it was the same thing, just that it has approx the same mass per sheet as DTFB just like Ross does. Not sure how that statement went from 'it looks close enough' to 'it is the same thing re-branded'

I know :) Its that according to my research on this forum and outside that Adams foam board are the same as the Bazic boards, just a different brand from the same maker.

When I contacted Adams about overseas availability, they directed me to BAZIC. They said BAZIC was an international distributor for their foam board. I did not contact BAZIC because they sell retail, so the quantities I was looking for were already available.

Its here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...di-foam-board-to-australia.20880/#post-226092

I think TEAJR66 can give us a little more input, correct me if I am wrong?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I got that and it worked, do you think the Bazic Foam Board would work?

I don't have Adam's own on the island
Yes it will. I use it often.
Bazic is a distributor of Adam's readiboard. It is produced by Adam's and branded for Bazic.

I got that info from Adam's when I was trying to find a distributor that would deliver to APO addresses.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I keep an eye on Bazic foam board prices on Amazon. The price generally hangs just above $2.00 a sheet for a case of 25. The prices go up and down. When I see a case for $25.00 or less, I buy some.

I like the florescent colors.

Sometimes you get a batch where the paper is hard to peel (like Elmers). Most of the time, if has the same feel and performance as DTFB.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
20181213_105707_IMG_2918.JPG
20181213_105659_IMG_2917.JPG
20181213_105651_IMG_2916.JPG

KubKade

I keep an eye on Bazic foam board prices on Amazon. The price generally hangs just above $2.00 a sheet for a case of 25. The prices go up and down. When I see a case for $25.00 or less, I buy some.

I like the florescent colors.

Sometimes you get a batch where the paper is hard to peel (like Elmers). Most of the time, if has the same feel and performance as DTFB.
So the only advantage over dt is the colors?