FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Vimana89

Legendary member
Tested my new micro delta on the FT EZ 3ch pack, and will go out for more with a fully charged battery. I realized that long ago, I bought the wrong size 1s batteries for a micro quad, a good little bulk pack deal, and it came with a charger that can charge six of them at once...were of no use to me for the longest time, but these are the exact batteries the FT EZ 3ch uses. Jackpot(y)

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
finally got back around to the Mini-Demon. upgraded from an 1806-2300kv and 12A w/5.5 prop, to a 2205-2300kv and 45A opto ESC, 3A-5V BEC, and an Avon 5x7.5 prop. still gonna run the 3S to start but have a 4S that will fit. with the little 1806 it was doing 82 mph, Ecalc has it at 104 now on 3S. should be fun. i think i can if im crazy, change things around prop and voltage, and hit 116 on this setup if i'm nuts...

20200930_164826.jpg

20200930_171227.jpg

those are some good number for running 3S. really like that 4.74 thrust to weight ratio. :devilish:

it seems to be freaking about prop stall but this prop was designed by Emax for this motor series. i'm gonna go with what they say on that issue. even if i only get "stall thrust" on the ground it's still over 2:1 ratio... ;)

saturday should be fun!

laters,

me :cool:

OliverW

Legendary member
Gonna put the cowl on it too, so the surgery I had to do for muffler clearance won't be visible in the completed build. She's gonna be gorgeous in flight with the mains tucked up, the cowl fitted. Gonna try to find a spinner for it, but 3-blade spinners are a pain in the -beep- to find.
Let me know when you find one cause I'm thinking of putting a 3 blade on my phaeton II
20201002_155209.jpg

JennyC6

Elite member
20201002_182403.jpg

Fuel line plumbing. I normally run 2-line but the tank in this is pre-plumbed for 3-line. Given I'm also gonna run a cowled setup where I can't really get at any of the lines anyway, I decided to put some copper tubing through the firewall and put the fill point underneath the battery hatch where it's easy to get to.

JennyC6

Elite member

Lovely day, ran another one of my engines. My Fox 049 FAI RC. And since my phone will record 960FPS slow motion I decided to idle the little bugger down to around 5K and hit the button.

Will try for a clearer shot at some point, but hey. I can see the piston as it moves even though the engine was spinning like a top. Also goes to show how much these little motors shake around.

and here it is in real time. Noisy little bugger!

Last edited:

JennyC6

Elite member
unknown.png

Some more progress on my 4*64! Linkages need to be done, waiting on receiver, receiver battery and some wiring. Need to bolt the aileron servos in too, but that's not gonna happen until the wires are in because I'll need to thread them through the wing.

Why SIG didn't provide some string for that purpose I'll never know. Should mention that to 'em.

Last edited:

JennyC6

Elite member
Not gonna be much flying for me until our Explorer is back from the bodyshop...GLHF convincing a 2013 Challenger to carry a couple of 40 or 60 size nitro ships and all the field gear to the field and back...so I'm running the wheels off of my cars. Literally. As in I had a tire come off the bead today.

Some video before that happened! This car's a hoot!