FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

IcedStorm777

Is it possible to switch between to FPV cameras mid flight? I was thinking of using a RC relay...

The reason that i ask is that i am building a plane based on a B-2 spirit. I am planning to fly this FPV with one forward facing FPV camera. I am than planning to be able to switch to a downward looking view to drop my payload. (Airsoft bb's, fake bombs, etc.). I am hoping to be able to flip a switch and look down for a few seconds to aim, drop payload, and then look up. I hope to achieve this using a RC relay attached to two FPV cameras. I am also going to have a gyro on the same switch on my transmitter so that when i look forward i have no gyro but when i look down it will turn the auto-stability system on to keep the plane straight and level. I also don't want to pay for retracts so i am planning to have spring loaded landing gear so what will happen is i will put the gear down for takeoff and then once i get airborn the gear will be pulled up by the springs. Then for landing the gear will be up and i will simply belly land. BTW this will be run off of a 70mm EDF. Thanks

bracesport

Legendary member
@rockyboy - I think it will be a micro SD and they say maximum 32Gb - I'll rob one out of my old phone (probably 16Gb) - then I'll need to figure out a card reader!

bracesport

Legendary member
Today is my wife’s birthday, nothing else matters. Champagne and oysters is on the menu! Tomorrow I fly! I hope!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Is it possible to attach two of these to it? If so what adapters would i need? Thanks for the help, finished about half of the airframe for the bomber today. Really excited.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work chained together with the output from one being the input for a channel on the next. These all seem to use standard servo type connectors but it all depends on what cameras you're using if you need an adapter or not. If you use standard quad racing type cameras they will probably come with everything you'd need.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
The reason that i ask is that i am building a plane based on a B-2 spirit. I am planning to fly this FPV with one forward facing FPV camera. I am than planning to be able to switch to a downward looking view to drop my payload. (Airsoft bb's, fake bombs, etc.). I am hoping to be able to flip a switch and look down for a few seconds to aim, drop payload, and then look up. I hope to achieve this using a RC relay attached to two FPV cameras. I am also going to have a gyro on the same switch on my transmitter so that when i look forward i have no gyro but when i look down it will turn the auto-stability system on to keep the plane straight and level. I also don't want to pay for retracts so i am planning to have spring loaded landing gear so what will happen is i will put the gear down for takeoff and then once i get airborn the gear will be pulled up by the springs. Then for landing the gear will be up and i will simply belly land. BTW this will be run off of a 70mm EDF. Thanks
Why not have the camera tilt down?

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Got some clear blue and clear red cellophane at the dollar tree today, got my little balsa glider recovered , looks much better, still not perfect though. Got out and flew it around a little, couldn’t figure out why I kept losing control of it :unsure:, then after a few more launches the entire vertical stabilizer disconnected :eek:, got it down softly somehow, glue is curing as I type ;).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 0

IcedStorm777

I considered that but that would take time in the transition from front view to bottom view and i figured that using two cameras will be the best solution. Here are the controls i am thinking for the wing. Reciever throttle channel=throttle, reciever elevator channel=right or left elevon, reciever aileron channel= right or left elevon, reciever rudder channel=fpv switch system, reciever aux-1 channel=bomb bay, reciever gear channel=retracts. Is this possible? I am also planning to have a gyro on the plane and will have a weird setup. what i am thinking is that i will bind the gyro and the fpv cameras to the same switch. The result will be when i switch to look down it will also activate the full gyro mode. This means that when i look down it will automatically be stable (or at least i hope so) so that i can have a worry free bomb drop. Is that even possible? Thanks for the help!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I spent about 4 hours moving dirt to fill in a low spot in the runway on the club's new field. Other folks going to spread grass seed and install split rail safety fencing today. It's at least RC related, right? :p

Dirt_Pile.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
Been windy lately and build burnout is fading, so I've been starting on airframes for scratch builds. I got a scout kit and DR1 I can build any time and expect some degree of success from, but I think it's time I get one of my own birds in the air.This one's ready for linkages and electronics. I'll be hammering out another today, something completely different, AET with a tractor prop, maybe a basic trainer type or tandem wing.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Maidened the Spitfire and apart from the rubbish spinner breaking up mid flight and the complete firewall falling off on landing, it was all good. The glue had completely dried up on this bird in the 12+ years it had sat on the shelf. All fixed!!
Also flew the FT Goblin, FT Racer, FT Arrow and the Vampire. Good afternoon of flying. Always a good day when you came back home with the same number of planes you went with 😊😊

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@rockyboy - do you know which SD card I will need?

There should be a recomendation in the manual somewhere.

From personal experience read /write speed of the card is more important then size. Smaller faster cards tend to do better and last longer.

Having more then one card and swapping more frequently depending how much you fly is better then glitchy or useless recordings over time.

Dvr files are small so I have a few 8 gig cards that out last the max 10 or 12 packs I can fly in an outing.

That said.. my flights are usually under 3 mins most under 2 with the faster quads.

About 250 meg per.
Longer flights freestyle are in the 700 meg to 1gig for 7- 10 minute flights.

Vimana89

Legendary member
The Fly Bear I ordered a while back came this morning. Took her for a spin, and had a great time. Stellar value for money at $27 ready to fly 2ch with TX. I had a great crash-free maiden. Wish I ordered two of these instead of that power up dart I got last year,never quite figured that wonky thing out. Here's the tiny Fly Bear next to some airframes in progress(slender delta and random AET trainer). The foam it is made of is surprisingly good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0