FTFC19 - April Showers by Rockyboy, Italian FT Simple Scout

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I like what I see in the background. Let me know how you formed the leading edge on the green foam.

That was the FW-42 Monster build circa March last year - at that point it was hot wire cut and after I sheeted it I installed a balsa leading edge and sanded it all to shape. Link to that project here: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?37085-Monster-sized-Fock-Wulf-FW-42

While I'm tossing out other project info, last night I started my next build too. :D

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/gee-bee-dreamer-bipe.57753/

And I'm still wrapping up this scout. Added the green stripe to the Italian colors on the tail. Looks nice with the roundels :D
20190312_155927-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
All done - pencils down! :D The tail pieces are glued on, the control rods and horns installed and adjusted, and 1/4 oz of weight added next to the ESC so she balances right.

But you might ask "What the heck is up with that turtle deck?"....

20190312_224020-1024x576.jpg

It's fun!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When it came time to cut the poster board for the turtledeck, I happened to look over at last year's calendar I rescued from the trash and was using for paint masking. It was the right weight of material, and there were even a couple pages with fun designs.

So yeah - this is my plane and I'm sticking with it :cool:

20190312_223952-1024x576.jpg

I'm thinking that blue peacock picture would make a great turtledeck for a blue scout inspired by the Hansa Brandenburg that @Hai-Lee found. :D

20190312_223942-576x1024.jpg

Probably use the rest for paint masking though.

I do still need to put a coat of WBPU on the turtledeck and she'll be ready for light rain or operations off a pond. Not fully waterproof - but the ESC and receiver are tucked away in water resistant areas, so she should be good for a flight or two for the April challenge. :D

Last edited: