I'll give it a shot! I already planned to build the FT Explorer once my parts arrive, seems like a good one to learn building plus the FPV option sounds fun. I'm going to cheat and get my 10 and 11 year old boys to help, give them a shot at fixed wings (they fly cheap quads now). If that works, 2 tiny trainers for them to learn on (have an DXE lying around). Finally, wanting to eventually fly a war bird (after I crash a few more times), a simple scout seems like a good idea. I've been learning on a mini apprentice already so finding something with a bit of a lower wing.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yeah I don't know what happened to him he has some amazing designs but just kinda went away...

Do you plan on entering this year Damo?

Definitely thinking about it - just not ready to pull the trigger on an entry yet.

Vimana89

Legendary member
As new as I am, I may challenge myself and give this a shot. I'm getting good enough that something I make here should fly soon. I have a collaborative project in the works for a custom trainer I'll be starting on as soon as possible, even if I take the five point reduction. There's another build I've been trying at for a while that I'm close on, though flying it might be sketchy. Other than that, maybe two kits to round it out and make it easier. If I get 2/4 of these done, I'll be happy. I'll post my challenge thread soon when I decide.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Okay - I'm in.

(1) 64mm EDF "mini" Diamond
(2) C-130 repair / refurbish
(3) Parkmaster Pro profile plane
(4) F-100 Super Saber 70mm EDF

The Diamond is a re-build of a plane for a friend.
The C-130 Is a repair/refurbish with possibly a new wing design (for the same friend).
The Parkmaster Pro is inspired by @Vimana89 experience in the sim.
The F-100 inspired by @jaredstrees father in-law and will be in a joint thread with @Grifflyer where we both take our own approaches to design and build the same plane.

Gonna have sore fingers at the end of February if my memory of last year serves correctly.

Namactual

Elite member
Ha! You guys can't get rid of me that easy.:p

I am still here, I just don't have much in the way of free time anymore. I try to stop by the forums once a week at least to see all of the cool projects you all have been working on. I am looking forward to seeing those F-100's as well as that SR-71 in the air. (y) That light cycle looks great btw @DamoRC ! May the maiden gods smile upon you my friend.

I am not officially here, but this is my build-ruary list
1: F-22 64mmEDF- 99% designed and 50% built.
2: F-35 64mmEDF- 50% designed
3: F-16 50mmEDF- 75% designed
4: YF-21 twin64mmEDF- concept stage

I also need to maiden the Phantom V2.0, refine the design and release blueprints.

Full disclosure, there is no way I can complete the list in the time frame so I will not officially enter or make a thread. In fact I will not even be able to work on, much less finish any of it for another month or two. I do plan to finish the list at some point though. Hopefully I will get some free time during the summer break.

Until next time...

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Ha! You guys can't get rid of me that easy.:p

I am still here, I just don't have much in the way of free time anymore. I try to stop by the forums once a week at least to see all of the cool projects you all have been working on. I am looking forward to seeing those F-100's as well as that SR-71 in the air. (y) That light cycle looks great btw @DamoRC ! May the maiden gods smile upon you my friend.

I am not officially here, but this is my build-ruary list
1: F-22 64mmEDF- 99% designed and 50% built.
2: F-35 64mmEDF- 50% designed
3: F-16 50mmEDF- 75% designed
4: YF-21 twin64mmEDF- concept stage

I also need to maiden the Phantom V2.0, refine the design and release blueprints.

Full disclosure, there is no way I can complete the list in the time frame so I will not officially enter or make a thread. In fact I will not even be able to work on, much less finish any of it for another month or two. I do plan to finish the list at some point though. Hopefully I will get some free time during the summer break.

Until next time...

So great to hear from you again! Even just pictures of you designs will be so cool to see.

Namactual

Elite member
Thanks bud!
Unfortunately, it will not be finished in time for the contest. At the rate things are going it could be quite a while. I will finish it though. Hopefully by next year.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Thanks bud!
Unfortunately, it will not be finished in time for the contest. At the rate things are going it could be quite a while. I will finish it though. Hopefully by next year.

Cant wait to see it. I am going to be hard pressed to finish my entry in time.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thread and link coming soon.

Build skill 1.1/Pilot skill 1.1

My stupidly ambitious and wonderfully diverse list:
1.) Dr. Loopin' Looie Custom Trainer(scratch, with help)
2.) Custom Slender Delta(scratch, 80%+ perfected design)
3. FT Mighty Mini DR1 Triplane(kit)
4. Custom FT style Bombardier Dash 8(complete scratch)

Vimana89

Legendary member
Before I launch my build thread and finalize my list, I'm considering replacing that fourth entry with another mighty mini kit, perhaps a scout. It really only saves me like $20 in total expenses, but its much easier for somebody of my skill level, and I'll have my hands full enough with the custom trainer and slender delta. I still want to build a Dash 8,eventually, but as a newb, having to design and build a twin engine plane from scratch before the month is out on top of three other planes is sounding like a bit much. I think I might be able to learn a lot more, have a lot more success and less stress if I drop the dash for now and do another kit.