• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FTFC19 F-49A Patriot designed by Grifflyer

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
This is my entry for the 2019 FT forum challenge. I chose the F-49A Patriot because as I was searching through the web looking for a fantasy plane that looked cool, would be easily built using FT methods, and would still present a fun challenge when I would design it. I stumbled across an image of the plane, and few clicks later found me at Jon Hall's list of his creations.

Now that I've downloaded a few of his images I'm ready to start designing!!!

14560116177_35399a9e17_b.jpg

The plan is to build a twin A pack powered plane with around a 30-35 inch wingspan. I'll be changing a couple of things I.E. a larger canard and re-shaping the vertical stabilizer so that it's in the airstream. Hopefully once I got a good flying model I'm going to try and design skins similar to what Rasterize does Here are all the his skins he's done.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
Are you gonna keep that "lego" look it has? I think thats what makes it so interesting.

Good luck on this but after your other builds success is a given.

PoorManRC

THAT'S thinking outside of the Box!!! There should be more Builds with Forward Canards... She should have great agility, but with those Canards, stalls will be exceptionally manageable!

mrjdstewart

very cool. there are several designs on that linked site that would be worthy of an attempt. really like the katana with the wing forward, mid motor design.

good luck,

me :cool:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Looking great! ready to go.
What is the popsicle on the wing top for?
Is there a reason for the HS1177 camera mount hole for other than what I stated? (it's always what I assumed it was for)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Looking great! ready to go.
What is the popsicle on the wing top for?
Is there a reason for the HS1177 camera mount hole for other than what I stated? (it's always what I assumed it was for)
The popsicle stick is the spar, I forgot to put it in before I folded the wing:p

The hole in the front is temporary (I haven't built the nose cone yet)

kdobson83

This thing looks awesome!!! I hope it flys good. FT should do community spotlight videos. I would have never seen this if I didn't stumble across it on the forums. I'd say this is spotlight worthy for sure!!